Rejected Add Traitor kill counter to scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Dad

Banned
VIP
title.

basically just put the kills for the round right after the T's name in the scoreboard.

That way I can see me DOING ALL OF THE WORK ALL THE TIME WITH NO HELP ;)

1650494338095.png

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
So you just want a real-time version of the kill count that shows at the end of the round?

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
u can count ur kills in ur head?!?!?!!?!?

EDIT: this mainly was a meme and I do support your suggestion :yy:

Last edited:

Max

Supporter
No. The point isn't how hard you went killing everyone, it's that your team won. :)

If you care about how hard you went, record it and post it to youtube.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Yes but I want the other T's to see that I'm rocking 7 kills when they only have tiny babi little human 1 kill.
you just have to assert your dominance in voice chat by saying (in a chad screaming voice) "IM FUCKING CARRING YOU ALL"

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
Out of curiosity how many of the epic 7 kills were thanks to the boogie bomb ???

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Big fat -1 on this one, owing to the fact that the developers have far more important matters to deal with than helping you stroke your ego.

Current projects shouldn't dictate whether something gets a +1/-1. You're not in charge of the developers time, and projects can be prioritized.

+1. Even though what Max says is true-- it's about the team winning, not the individual kills, it would still be a fun addition to see at the end of the round that's a bit easier to see than the round stats.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
You can see your kills in the round end thing but this is a good idea as most people don't know to look there. Sounds simple and would be neat.

Big fat -1 on this one, owing to the fact that the developers have far more important matters to deal with than helping you stroke your ego.

stfu??????????

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
If its going to be implemented, perhaps make it an optional setting to turn on and off.

With the suggestion being adding it to the scoreboard, having more numbers between the current numbers, ranks, roles etc. Is just going to look messy in my imagination.

Personally I find the suggestion pointless, but I do see the appeal for those who truely care about how hard they try to earn most kills.

So making it toggable with off as Default is much preffered.

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea. More information is better (unless there's just too much) and it would be nice to see....

That being said I think you did a less than 0/10 job pitching this and its just going to get denied. lol

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Max

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I think this is a great idea, especially how Voca suggested it, toggleable, and off by default.

I'd imagine it would look something like this: (5) (0), I:5 T:0, 5 | 0.
Probably excluding the 0 kills part, to make it more simple, just (5) rather than (5) (0).
Simple, not too messy like the image in the suggestion.

No idea why people are down voting this just because of how it was pitched, it's not a bad idea.

Your Dad

Banned
VIP
I think this is a great idea, especially how Voca suggested it, toggleable, and off by default.

I'd imagine it would look something like this: (5) (0), I:5 T:0, 5 | 0.
Probably excluding the 0 kills part, to make it more simple, just (5) rather than (5) (0).
Simple, not too messy like the image in the suggestion.

No idea why people are down voting this just because of how it was pitched, it's not a bad idea.
I believe they think call of duty explanation was a bit serious, when it was actually a joke. If I had an ego about getting sick ass dank no scopes, i'd play battlefield or a competitive shooter.

I simply want others and myself to see T's absolutely cleaning up. Especially after a round of doing a lot of murderin'

Seems like a pretty harmless addition and doesn't impact server performance nor require an addon. I'm willing to post the code to make the change here as well, seeing how I develop gmod in my spare time.

Thanks all for replying with your thoughts, unless you disagree with me, then you can go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.