Rejected Allow innocents to hang bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryCode

Legacy
I have played on ttt servers where innocents were able to hang bodies with magneto sticks, and it typically is a blast. I think it's worth considering adding this to the server, or possibly add it as a vip perk. The only downside to this that I can think of is it could cause rdm by players new to the server.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
Pros: Funny moments, the occasional quirky corpse pose, etc
Cons: Corpses can now be hidden by anyone, people will take time getting used to the new ability and rules would have to be modified around it, it would also take away something which traitors exclusively should have as an ability, I could go on, the point is, there's a reason it is that way and changing it will just cause disarray. -1

Ainoyu Yunomi

✘o ✘o
VIP
Legacy
Pros: Funny moments, the occasional quirky corpse pose, etc
Cons: Corpses can now be hidden by anyone, people will take time getting used to the new ability and rules would have to be modified around it, it would also take away something which traitors exclusively should have as an ability, I could go on, the point is, there's a reason it is that way and changing it will just cause disarray. -1
I am going to play the devil's advocate here and say the following.

It can be argued that the rules do not get majorly changed, considering two facts:
  • Not iding unid bodies is still traitorous
  • Nothing is prohibiting players from taking an id'd bodies (whether it has dna or not) and hide it or run around until the dna expires.

As for players getting used to the change, that can be argued for a lot of things. Rules can be changed. It happened on SGM in order to amend to situations. For example, Highwon made it traitorous for players to ignore c4s, decoys, etc. at one point. That took time for players to adapt to regardless of whether the players like the change or not. Another example is loopholing. CDriskroll and Kyogre viewed that loopholing include lying in the reports constantly to get out of being punished. Highwon disagreed and changed it. That took the staff team to adjust to. I just do not think it takes players to get used to is a good approach to take to an overall idea. These two examples can show that change can be either a good or bad thing. Status quo does not always mean that it is a good excuse to try out different things.

Edited for clearer clarification

Last edited:

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I have over 2500 hours in Gmod and I havent been on a single TTT server that allowed innocents to hang bodies. However, that does not mean they arent out there, it just means there arent a lot of them. With the amount of people playing TTT, and the amount of servers that do not have this feature, I can only assume there will be mass confusion when it comes to players seeing another person openly hang a body. 99% of the players that stumble on a server do not read the MOTD nor the rules. Even if you have it in big bold letters saying "everyone can hang a body regardless of role", its going to be overlooked a lot of the time. Its not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Going to reject this for two reasons:
  1. This will cause an influx in RDM, as it would be a significant change from SGM/AHGs longstanding meta
  2. More people being able to hang bodies = more ragdolls doing crazy things = more server crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.