Implemented Allow soft a n word (MUSIC)

Should 'soft a' be allowed in shared music?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
I think the word should be unbanned for music, and maybe preexisting videos. I feel like people don't talk about or share music as much as they did in SGM/earlier AHG, and for me personally this rule is why. If I want to share a rap song I like, I have to look for a censored version. I'm lazy, and I hate censored versions, but another big thing is that a lot of songs on soundcloud and other smaller platforms just don't have censored versions. You just can't post that song here then. Mash-ups or song leaks also won't have censored versions for example. Additionally, I'm just encouraged to look up the uncensored version, which kind of defeats the point of banning the word because I'm still going to hear/see it. If someone shares a rap song with the word, they don't have any evil intent, they just want to talk about music in the community, which I don't think should be treated as using slurs. This can extend to clips too, if I'm listening to a rap song and a funny moment happens, I'm not going to censor the clip to post it here, I'm just not going to post it here.
I think should be pretty easy to tell the difference when someone wants to share a song/posts a clip with the word vs a guy whose trying to find a way to say the word as much as possible, with something as specific as this the intent is clear

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I understand the sentiment with this, but we can not allow something in one place for one instance (something large like slurs) and not for other instances.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Hey someone needs to implement the upvote and downvote buttons for this.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
as Pauly has demonstrated, this is a duplicate suggestion. I propose that, instead, we use audio editing programs to replace the "n" word with a more harmless word, such as 'Neighbour'

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I understand the sentiment with this, but we can not allow something in one place for one instance (something large like slurs) and not for other instances.
I understand what you mean but I don’t agree, I know we have talked about this before. I still think that it would not be hard to handle people who are just loopholing the rule.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
I understand what you mean but I don’t agree, I know we have talked about this before. I still think that it would not be hard to handle people who are just loopholing the rule.
Heaven forbid we’d have to do our jobs…

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I didnt realize that I never set up polls as a thread option for Discord suggestions. Fixed that and changed this post to a poll so people can actually vote.

+1 to this idea. If people are loopholing we can handle that. Usually context will reveal the intentions of the post. If you cant tell if its loopholing, is it causing any harm?

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I didnt realize that I never set up polls as a thread option for Discord suggestions. Fixed that and changed this post to a poll so people can actually vote.
FDE766E7-B02B-4F16-9634-A78BCAD32570.jpeg
Missing this thingy here too, which is weird because it’s a suggestion subforum lol

+1, it shouldn’t be too hard to moderate and use/get discretion for gray areas. Just dont send lyrics with the nworld in them I guess lol

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
View attachment 2459
Missing this thingy here too, which is weird because it’s a suggestion subforum lol

+1, it shouldn’t be too hard to moderate and use/get discretion for gray areas. Just dont send lyrics with the nworld in them I guess lol
It’s not a suggestion type subforum node. I would like to change them all to be polls, but doing that could possibly screw with the threads already made

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
I think it's pretty easy to tell which songs are just regular music that may contain use of the n word and derogatory songs that make it an emphasis to use it in derogatory ways. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.