Rejected Allow soft a n word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Multiple times I’ve played on the server I’ve had to tell a black player that he was not aloud to say the n word (being serious btw) by not allowing them to be themselves on the server they end up leaving and finding somewhere else to play. We are missing out on so many new community members because of this.
Like you can’t ask a person from a marginalized community to change their vocabulary completely and expect them to stay. I believe this is one big reason why we have very few black community members.
Thank you.

Nemizaaa

VIP
As a white person, I have no opinion. This isn't my fight and it'd be ignorant of me if I advocated either way. I have not lived the life of a black person, and to make any definitive, and educated, decision on this requires opinions of experience. On one hand, supporting this rule change means potentially allowing white supremacists to loophole and attack our servers, but keeping things the same mean we as white people are controlling what black people can and can't say. Reminds me of some of the worse periods of our history. Both sides have their valid arguments, but I think the community members, both white and black, should stop trying to put each other down and come to an understanding.
This man is telling facts honestly.

KaiwanHaaztre

Banned
As someone who has spent no short amount of time in a community where the soft a WAS allowed, I can assure you it was the white people who said it the most. It had no effect in making black players more likely to come back and instead only made new players uncomfortable listening to people say it all the time. If you want AHG to become more like that community, then yeah, let people say it. I for one wouldn't enjoy seeing AHG go down that path.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
As a white person, I have no opinion. This isn't my fight and it'd be ignorant of me if I advocated either way. I have not lived the life of a black person, and to make any definitive, and educated, decision on this requires opinions of experience. On one hand, supporting this rule change means potentially allowing white supremacists to loophole and attack our servers, but keeping things the same mean we as white people are controlling what black people can and can't say. Reminds me of some of the worse periods of our history. Both sides have their valid arguments, but I think the community members, both white and black, should stop trying to put each other down and come to an understanding.
1673218877249.png

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Why is everything about race

burger king

Cheeseburger; No Pickle, Extra Mayo
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
As someone who has spent no short amount of time in a community where the soft a WAS allowed, I can assure you it was the white people who said it the most. It had no effect in making black players more likely to come back and instead only made new players uncomfortable listening to people say it all the time. If you want AHG to become more like that community, then yeah, let people say it. I for one wouldn't enjoy seeing AHG go down that path.
Not trying to jinx this but most of the whities that used the word have either been permanently banned or are missing in the real world.

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
shut up pussy

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
This suggestion was only gonna get passed if there was an overwhelmingly positive reaction. We got 4 pages of content out of it, but its time to deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.