Answered Are there gonna be user created channels in the AHG Discord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamoflajh

Gaming
VIP
Legacy
Are there gonna be user created channels in the AHG Discord? I like tagging people in #daily-tag-v24 so I think we bring them over.
:)

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
PLEASE NO

wubby

VIP
Legacy
They are a plan for the discord, but not a priority as of now. All depends on how things go

Solution

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
A major suggestion by Panda with a Gun was made not to create a lot of text channels and to have everyone talk in the same channel to be as less diverse as possible.
He believes that multiple text channels and user created channels resulted in a quick downfall of sgm. I am inclined to believe him.
Of course, this does not mean that there wont be any user created channels in the future, its just not a priority.

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
I don't understand why you would want that on discord, we have forums for a reason no need to have extra channels in discord.
Doesn't make sense for me.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
A major suggestion by Panda with a Gun was made not to create a lot of text channels and to have everyone talk in the same channel to be as less diverse as possible.
He believes that multiple text channels and user created channels resulted in a quick downfall of sgm. I am inclined to believe him.
Of course, this does not mean that there wont be any user created channels in the future, its just not a priority.
I’d suggest we just put the user created channels at the bottom, like on SGM. That or make it part of a donation perk (low tier) so we don’t have the possibility of 200 channels

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I don't understand why you would want that on discord, we have forums for a reason no need to have extra channels in discord.
Doesn't make sense for me.
It gives people a small place to talk about the things they are interested in without having to make their own discord. If I want to talk about my passion for trains, why not let me do it with other people in the community? It seems like clutter, but the channels got used. I would like to see channels that just had people posting once every 3 days get deleted, though

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
It gives people a small place to talk about the things they are interested in without having to make their own discord. If I want to talk about my passion for trains, why not let me do it with other people in the community? It seems like clutter, but the channels got used. I would like to see channels that just had people posting once every 3 days get deleted, though
Yes but they could also make a thread about it, I don't see the use for more channels in discord.

Panda With a Gun

Good at video games
Legacy
“For now, don't include or allow user created channels. See how the server does without them.

The reason being, the less clutter, and channels there are, the more likely people are to join voice channels. Less text and limited VC means more user interaction in Discord and more user interaction in general. This is something that killed SGM's discord 90% of the time long ago, Old TeamSpeak 3 SGM was proof that a ton of VC activity is possible"

To bring up what Dan mentioned earlier up there^

I personally believe dead voice/text channels make a Discord server depressing as hell, and when you look at SGM's user count, and then the Discord and the overall activity it's very underwhelming. With the amount that are in the SGM discord, you would be expecting people to be in voice channels all the time, leading everything else to be active. I think that we would be okay without the user-created channels but there are already some suggestions that could possibly lead to something being done right. Also if you look at AHG's Discord right now, it is already cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than SGM's server ever was, and we are already seeing more people in VC than SGM usually has as well.

Ofc this isn't a priority, but time will tell what happens

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
“For now, don't include or allow user created channels. See how the server does without them.

The reason being, the less clutter, and channels there are, the more likely people are to join voice channels. Less text and limited VC means more user interaction in Discord and more user interaction in general. This is something that killed SGM's discord 90% of the time long ago, Old TeamSpeak 3 SGM was proof that a ton of VC activity is possible"

To bring up what Dan mentioned earlier up there^

I personally believe dead voice/text channels make a Discord server depressing as hell, and when you look at SGM's user count, and then the Discord and the overall activity it's very underwhelming. With the amount that are in the SGM discord, you would be expecting people to be in voice channels all the time, leading everything else to be active. I think that we would be okay without the user-created channels but there are already some suggestions that could possibly lead to something being done right. Also if you look at AHG's Discord right now, it is already cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than SGM's server ever was, and we are already seeing more people in VC than SGM usually has as well.

Ofc this isn't a priority, but time will tell what happens
I don't like the idea of having them but if we do have them can we please do like 10 max?

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Yes but they could also make a thread about it, I don't see the use for more channels in discord.
Threads don’t really make for great discussion. I post, tab out and wait for a response, the other person doesn’t see my message for 20 minutes, they post, tab out...

With Discord channels, I don’t have to reload a tab to view new messages, and you can actually see when someone is typing. There’s a reason people chat in shoutbox rather than in threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.