Rejected Automatic Forgiveness Message

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Add a feature that has the reporter automatically send a message to admin chat saying they forgave the player they reported, similar to how staff send an automatic message saying they've handled your report. After staffing on SGM with the same RDM manager for nearly two years, it can be a little tricky to get used to the subtle changes in our new manager, and I feel that the little forgiveness checkmark can be easy to miss. This would make it harder to overlook the forgiveness and would ensure that the reported player doesn't get slain.

@Jack$on

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
Wait so not to be the bummer here, im all for this suggestion but if yall cant see the checkmark that the player forgave what makes you think staff will see the adminchat message? Or both? anyways +1

All that I said in the QNA about the forgiveness button was deleted so ill say it here. The forgive button is there for a reason. The fact that staff count that forgiven RDM when it comes to mass RDM and other sorts of things that lead up to a ban is the wrong way to handle forgiven reports. The player forgave for a reason. Why have the feature if staff can just say fuck it and give a slay anyway? At that point just go back to the way SGM conducted slays and get rid of the forgive option.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Wait so not to be the bummer here, im all for this suggestion but if yall cant see the checkmark that the player forgave what makes you think staff will see the adminchat message? Or both? anyways +1
It's not that we can't see it, and maybe this is just a problem I have, but I find it easy to miss it sometimes since I'm so used to the SGM RDM manager.

This is what the forgiven symbol looks like ( checkmark for yes, x for no):
1624841488736.png

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Tbh I think we all just need to get used to it. It's taken me an adjustment period but I'm beginning to remember more. If we introduce asay messaging, imo it's just a cluttering clutch.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I don't see any reason to add this given that there is clearly a red "X" for not forgiven and a green checkmark to indicate "forgiven". The RDM Manager may not update automatically, requiring you to close and reopen the menu and I will look into this however I don't see this being necessary. The right precautions should be taken by not issuing a punishment while the clock is there, indicating that the report hasn't been forgiven nor not forgiven. You should only be acting when you see the checkmark or the "X"

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I don't see any reason to add this given that there is clearly a red "X" for not forgiven and a green checkmark to indicate "forgiven". The RDM Manager may not update automatically, requiring you to close and reopen the menu and I will look into this however I don't see this being necessary. The right precautions should be taken by not issuing a punishment while the clock is there, indicating that the report hasn't been forgiven nor not forgiven. You should only be acting when you see the checkmark or the "X"
Dime summed it up pretty well. Let's get the forgiveness to update without reopening RDM manager, though - it'll help reduce situations where staff don't realize forgiveness was granted.

Staff should avoid applying a slay until a decision on forgiveness has been made, unless the reporting player has left the server.