Pending Binoculars Upgrade

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
In their current state, the binoculars kinda suck, and they're pretty much just a meme item. So what about an upgrade for them that adds a DNA scanner feature?

You can ID bodies and get their DNA from afar. The detective would still spawn with a DNA scanner like normal, but they would have the option to use a credit to buy the binoculars instead, a credit that could've been spent on a health station, radar, etc. The price of the upgrade could vary depending on how OP/not OP we think it is.

and yes, i copied this from my sgm suggestion

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Or just make the binoculairs 10x faster so you don't have to stand still and wait to get shot. Seriously the only timesyou use this item would be on maps that are played on rooftops but you can get sniped so easily. If it's a quick item to ID a body from far away it'd even be useful on other maps so you don't have to walk to the body.

Last edited:

Jabba the Slut

Prestigious
Legacy
I'm personally not a fan of being able to get DNA through binoculars. Though I'm the type that would rather toss a body off the map than buy a flare gun.
Or just make the binoculairs 10x faster so you don't have to stand still and wait to get shot. Seriously the only timesyou use this item would be on maps that are played on rooftops but you can get sniped so easily. If it's a quick item to ID a body from far away it'd even be useful on other maps so you don't have to walk to the body.
A Binocular Speed upgrade is planned, however it's not likely to implemented for awhile, as there are many other upgrades we have planned that we'd want done first.

Aidan

Expert Member
I'm personally not a fan of being able to get DNA through binoculars. Though I'm the type that would rather toss a body off the map than buy a flare gun.

A Binocular Speed upgrade is planned, however it's not likely to implemented for awhile, as there are many other upgrades we have planned that we'd want done first.
yes like insta knife kill, the most important. But +1