Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
(EDIT) Can we nerf the boogie bomb? Currently the boogie bomb is way to over powered, Im sure there is some way to make it less OP

Example: https://streamable.com/3kis47

Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
tbh when i first played i assumed it was a t weapon so i shot people for it i think it shoulda been a t wep in the first place
I mean, you can also shoot people for throwing combobulators, discombobulators, and incin grenades - those can do damage and so can the boogie bomb.

Halen

VIP
Legacy
There's a couple of good solutions. Swiffe is right that it is in need of a nerf, but that it should stay on the server.

1. Just reduce the spawn frequency. People get boogie bombed at the start of every single round, and i've been bombed 3 consecutive times before and i've *hardly* played since they were added. If they were harder to find, there wouldn't be people getting fucked over every other round.

2. D/T only. This is pretty self-explanatory. This makes it so that people with a *good reason* to throw a boogie bomb (only Traitors as far as i'm concerned, but you could argue Detectives) can get it whenever they want, and all the Inno trolls (such as myself) are shit outta luck.

3. Allow players to move while bombed. Right now, you're defenseless when you get bombed. If you could still move, the traitor still gets a guaranteed kill so long as they can keep you in their line of sight (and don't have shit aim), but the innocent player still has a *chance* at the very least to get out of the way of an incoming grenade, propkill, headshot, harpoon, etc.

I think solution 1 is the best, personally.

Last edited:

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
There's a couple of good solutions. Swiffe is right that it is in need of a nerf, but that it should stay on the server.

1. Just reduce the spawn frequency. People get boogie bombed at the start of every single round, and i've been bombed 3 consecutive times before and i've *hardly* played since they were added. If they were harder to find, there wouldn't be people getting fucked over every other round.

2. D/T only. This is pretty self-explanatory. This makes it so that people with a *good reason* to throw a boogie bomb (only Traitors as far as i'm concerned, but you could argue Detectives) can get it whenever they want, and all the Inno trolls (such as myself) are shit outta luck.

3. Allow players to move while bombed. Right now, you're defenseless when you get bombed. If you could still move, the traitor still gets a guaranteed kill so long as they can keep you in their line of sight (and don't have shit aim), but the innocent player still has a *chance* at the very least to get out of the way of an incoming grenade, propkill, headshot, harpoon, etc.

I think solution 1 is the best, personally.
I agree with the first two suggestions. So for the third suggestion, would the boogied player still be dancing while moving?

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
T-weapon which only one traitor can buy per round maybe? May be constructive because you can place a radio and fake C4 (or use real C4) and get everyone into a room and then use the boogie bomb, of which only one can be used per round.

Sam The Fluffy One

Banned
VIP
Supporter
It should be changed to where you can look around and call out people or just be removed as in its current state it's broken as all hell

^ ^

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Voca pretty much summed up my opinion on it. AOE grenade that some people can spawn with or find on the ground that has pretty much no counter play for the receiver is 0 fun. I'm all for completing getting rid of it but at the very least it should be removed from loadouts and have a reduced spawn rate on maps, dealing with (sometimes) 3+ a round when the server is nearly full is a bit annoying.

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
There is a place for this weapon. I see its use on the server as two factor, fun and function, and its function is overpowered for regular TTT. Fortunately, T weapons are overpowered compared to the spawning weapons, so to lock a few seconds of immobility behind a credit isn't a difficult resolution.
As for fun, we have fun with newtons, barrel guns, harpoons etc already, making it rare just wears out the joke less

Esbelto

Legacy
There is nothing funny about getting boogied. You are on some really good shit if you think getting boogied by people who perma spawn with this awful weapon balances out traitor weapons which are meant to give an advantage over innocents, innocents shouldn't be given a spawn weapon like this as a free get out of jail card. Absolutely horrendous take.

If you wanna give it some counterplay atleast let us press E and build up a charge to get out of this dog weapons dance animation and put a perk in the store to increase charge rate of E to break out of it, if you don't remove it atLEAST add some counterplay cause this is ridiculous.

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I edited what Is being asked as I no longer think that just making it a T or D weapon would fix very much

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
Now that I think about it giving a item to t's that guarantees a kill on whoever they throw it at is just worse. Traitors already have enough op items like the harpoon and barrelgun which instantly kills people and guns like the tmp which just shreds people. I liked larrys idea of just removing them from loadouts and making spawns a lot rarer. removing them from the game would be the perfect choice since a lot of people are divided on liking them or hating them. People wont stop playing the server if it got removed but people would stop playing if it stays the way it is.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
You can now move while boogie bombed, but your view stays in first person. The boogie bomb is now essentially a goofy way of forcing someone to holster for 7 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.