Legacy
Title. It’s an OG map. Let it live

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
for the record, changes were made due to delay issues. i’ll admit, these changes are not the best way to go about fixing the issues, but i want to hear what the people have to say. what do you think should be done to mitigate delay issues with this map?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
for the record, changes were made due to delay issues. i’ll admit, these changes are not the best way to go about fixing the issues, but i want to hear what the people have to say. what do you think should be done to mitigate delay issues with this map?
I agree we need to find a way to make delay happen less. Best thing I can think off is making a teleport from the tester side of the map to the barn side. But I have heard nothing but negative feedback on the current change, and we did give it time. I would rather have some delays on the old map than the new layout

Max

Supporter
I got to take a look at the changes this morning and holy cow. First off, That's some incredible changes you made to the map. I'd love to see future iterations of it to work on things like layout, sight-lines and stuff but something tells me most people want the old and familiar with 67th. Personally, I wanna see Optimal's vision and version of 67th way moving forward and getting that up to the OG or even better.

As far as trying to fix the delay in the old version, I don't really know what you could do without altering how the map plays too much. Maybe adding a safe in the gunshop that has some radars? Maybe after a certain time-limit the barn section gets closed off due to a traffic jam caused by a bomb that kills everyone on that side of the map forcing people to the residential/underground? 67th way is kind of like the dust2 of TTT, making big changes isn't gonna go over to well most of the time, if at all.

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i’m thinking i should move the tower/barn closer to the gun store, so there is no long, big open field.

2 glaring, major issues with the old version:
1) bad for low pop: old map is basically cut off into 2 sections: the car side, and the barn side. the barn side is so far away. even bad with 10-15 people, still.

2) some players like to camp the barn teleporter all round, and as soon as they hear the tunnel door open, they teleport away. major delay issue here.

Your Dad

Banned
VIP
Add the original back to the map rotation, keep the new one, and let the people decide. That'll tell you how much people enjoy it.

Another thing. For your map rotation voting, it needs to do a check to see how many players are on, and keep two seperate lists of maps: Low pop maps, High pop maps, make the cut off something like 15. Then when it queues up it's list for the vote screen, it only selects low pop maps up for vote when under 15 players, and high pop unlocks all the maps for play.

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Add the original back to the map rotation, keep the new one, and let the people decide. That'll tell you how much people enjoy it.

we are trying to come up with solutions on how to fix the map so it is enjoyable for everyone, not gauge map enjoyment (that's what the map survey is for). if we fix it, everyone can be happy and enjoy it wooo!!!! let's get creaive guys.,.,

roy

idk I just work here
VIP
Legacy
67th Is my favorite map. I think there are rarely times there isn’t at least one mod online - staff can help with delays. I agree with Ryan’s suggestion, something like an additional teleporter to link the two sides would help delay issues. But honestly, it’s a great map, who cares if the rounds go a bit long? If it’s low pop, people probably aren’t going to vote for it. We had it for years on SGM and I never felt like delays were a big enough of a problem to completely redo the map.

I love the effort you put into redoing the map, but that large outdoor area just isn’t great, even with the additional wall that was added. It feels like a totally different map and takes away a lot of the strategy and movement that makes the map enjoyable.

I’d much rather just stick with the original, while also reiterating I 100% appreciate the effort you put into the edits.

Max

Supporter
I feel like a compromise for time being could be useful. Have both versions in rotation as optimal iterates on the map based on actual user feedback, just make the map vote icon clear that its optimal's version.

I get the hostility towards changing such an iconic map, but seeing what he did to it made me excited to see where it could go as the new layout means new strategies could form. Was his first pass perfect? No, no map ever is on their first go (well, except for dust 2 but the story behind that is kinda crazy to begin with but I digress) That isn't a good reason to just straight up abandon it. I think if he's able to shrink the map feel through putting walls around the edges and more props for cover we could have some interesting T-play happen.

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i’ll update the map layout so it doesn’t feel as open anymore, with some more stuff (thanks @Max). if it’s even worse and ppl still don’t like it, we’ll go back to OG. also 2 of the same map, nah.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Played on the new update. Didn’t like. Just give us the OG 67th way with a teleporter from the tester side to the barn side

Edit: I very much appreciate the effort that went into trying to make the map new and fixing the problems it had

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
i’ll update the map layout so it doesn’t feel as open anymore, with some more stuff (thanks @Max). if it’s even worse and ppl still don’t like it, we’ll go back to OG. also 2 of the same map, nah.
its cool you're putting the effort in to improve a map but problem is you're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist, most servers have had this map for years unedited, and I don't think I've ever heard people actually complain about the delay enough to warrant a change. there's a reason it's remained in so many servers for so long unchanged! stop trying to play god!

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
I think 67thway could use some fixes but mainly with the t room. I don't like going underground when the t's play deathrun all round, as even when I first started playing on sgm this was the biggest delay issue when experienced players were on. Maybe you seperate t room parts (for example you can only enter the water trap t room through the water trap door). Old 67thway was better this change looks like those shitty 2015 servers with jetpacks and nyan cat guns and these were the maps the owners would make. I know I don't play this game as much as I used too but during my rarer sessions this new map is never voted.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
its cool you're putting the effort in to improve a map but problem is you're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist, most servers have had this map for years unedited, and I don't think I've ever heard people actually complain about the delay enough to warrant a change. there's a reason it's remained in so many servers for so long unchanged! stop trying to play god!
sounds familiar

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
I'm definitely a big fan of OG 67th (bhoppers paradise after all), but if it kills the pop it kills the pop. Do what ya gotta do chief @optimal 💪

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I'm definitely a big fan of OG 67th (bhoppers paradise after all), but if it kills the pop it kills the pop. Do what ya gotta do chief @optimal 💪
If anything it revives the pop. There's gotta be a reason it was wildly popular on SGM