Pending Change rules for #counting

andrewpanton

Legacy
So I've recently had this happen to me and I think this has opened up a bigger question.

I along with Bonks fought for the position of 10000 in the #counting channel. There's usually a lot of competition with getting these numbers first and I understand that there can be a delay when sending a message. Two people can post something at the same time and one can appear to come in before the other, when they really didn't. It comes down to a nanosecond sometimes.

In the case of the position for 10000 both Bonks and I sent in our messages at the same time, but mine was deleted quickly after I had posted it. I have no access to logs but I did have a staff member look into it and it was deleted by Bonks himself.

At the end of the day this seems like a trivial matter but there are plenty of us who invest time and energy to this channel and the bigger numbers can be a big deal to us. I had someone check the nanoseconds between the two messages but because mine was deleted before anyone could actually investigate, we can't really debate who got it first since the evidence was deleted. Unfortunately, the only thing I was able to find was the time Bonks posted his message and the time he deleted mine.

I propose that for these bigger numbers we check the nanoseconds of the messages for those who compete for the position before deleting any messages, because otherwise it's unfair when you're competing with someone who can just delete your message because they have the power to do so.

I don't want this post to be a call out to Bonks in any way, but a conversation opener to look into a more formal rule to this channel.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Looks like you were behind by 5 seconds, not nanoseconds

andrewpanton

Legacy
Hence the fact that we can't even have a proper investigation considering my message got deleted and we can't actually compare. Thank you Poke ❤️

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
PUT SOME RESPECT TO MY MF NAME JOSH AND REINSTATE THIS BITCH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTANGGGGGGGG!!
Idk man I only said bonks was first bc that’s how it came thru on my lapyop

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Aight so we delete Bonks’ message too. Nobody gets the 10000

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
PUT SOME RESPECT TO MY MF NAME JOSH AND REINSTATE THIS BITCH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTANGGGGGGGG!!
I’m gonna be honest, I did genuinely think that my message was first, which clearly, according to the logs, it wasn’t. In my defense, I was using discord on both my phone and my computer at the time. I had 10000 typed out and ready to be posted on my phone, and on my pc, I was spamming frog to type 9999. I watched for frog’s 9999 to appear on my phone, and as soon as his message appeared I sent. Andrew’s message was immediately after mine, both appearing at what seemed like the same moment.

I should have waited, and let another staff member decide on which to delete, however, we all make mistakes in the heat of passion, and I said to myself “lol duplicate, deleet”. I sincerely apologize to @andrewpanton , for the evidence shows that his message was nanoseconds before mine.
#ReinstateAndrews10k

andrewpanton

Legacy
I’m gonna be honest, I did genuinely think that my message was first, which clearly, according to the logs, it wasn’t. In my defense, I was using discord on both my phone and my computer at the time. I had 10000 typed out and ready to be posted on my phone, and on my pc, I was spamming frog to type 9999. I watched for frog’s 9999 to appear on my phone, and as soon as his message appeared I sent. Andrew’s message was immediately after mine, both appearing at what seemed like the same moment.

I should have waited, and let another staff member decide on which to delete, however, we all make mistakes in the heat of passion, and I said to myself “lol duplicate, deleet”. I sincerely apologize to @andrewpanton , for the evidence shows that his message was nanoseconds before mine.
#ReinstateAndrews10k
Thank you for the kind words. I will not be deleting my account today because of this 😊

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
@FrogDoggo we have a different SMod to clown now. But don’t worry, we’ll be back for you

FrogDoggo

I is gey
Prestigious
Both of your messages came at the same time for me bonks was on top and the other on the bottom

Jennie

Cute Bunny UwU
Senior Moderator
Prestigious
Legacy
Very underhanded