helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Currently under metagaming the current examples are set:
dlJ9rXi[1].png

The second bullet point doesn't match the current playstyle of the community, and also hinders different tactics that T's have available that should be totally valid.

For example:
  • It's common that T's will drop poltergeists/newton launchers on some rounds just to have fun. The current reading of the rules means that these players should face harsh punishments.
  • It's a common tactic for T's to drop T-weapons for innocents to find to make them get KOS'd or killed for running around with a T-weapon.

I'm not sure when that example was added or who added, but I have a feeling they fundamentally misunderstood what the original metagaming rule was meant. I would suggest it be changed to:
"Giving innocents a traitor weapon with the intention of helping the opposite team"

wallace

wallace
Senior Moderator
VIP
wallace gives innocents t weapon so it cause distress among innocents
it work very well for wallace

Everlong

VIP
True, and some people just like chaos. Besides, an inno constantly abusing T weapons is bound to get killed or karma banned regardless.

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I think this should be discretionary.
It already is for the most part. I haven't seen or heard of anyone being warned for passing out newton launchers any time recently, I personally have never warned for that, and I don't plan to.
There are times that metagaming applies and doesn't need to be enforced, and there are times where It leads to RDM on mass.

But I think that if innocents and traitors cooperate in any way to RDM people, there should be a greater punishment, for the innocent or the traitor.
Maybe the innocent should be punished because they knew they were getting a t weapon from a traitor. The traitor was just taking advantage of a stupid, RDMing innocent.

Although, I do understand that the current rule should be rephrased, as I have been warned for passing out newton launchers in the past. I think stuff like that is meant only to add to the enjoyment of the game, but some times people go too far with it, there still needs to be a way for staff to enforce against that.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I think this should be discretionary.
It already is for the most part. I haven't seen or heard of anyone being warned for passing out newton launchers any time recently, I personally have never warned for that, and I don't plan to.
There are times that metagaming applies and doesn't need to be enforced, and there are times where It leads to RDM on mass.

But I think that if innocents and traitors cooperate in any way to RDM people, there should be a greater punishment, for the innocent or the traitor.
Maybe the innocent should be punished because they knew they were getting a t weapon from a traitor. The traitor was just taking advantage of a stupid, RDMing innocent.

Although, I do understand that the current rule should be rephrased, as I have been warned for passing out newton launchers in the past. I think stuff like that is meant only to add to the enjoyment of the game, but some times people go too far with it, there still needs to be a way for staff to enforce against that.

I'm not asking for it to be changed whether it is discretionary or not- but the way discretion has always been handled it to deal with situations that go out of the way that the rule is written. Since it is written plain and clearly like so in the rules, it begs it begs to always be treated like so, and even more-so, for new players, lends to even more confusion when staff are not punishing for it. By changing the rule to my suggestion, it allows for the actual intent to be punished every time-- while lending the exception to times when people are just having fun on low pop, etc., as you mentioned.

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
- Completing traitor win objectives as an innocent.
almost feel like this should be kosable only and not metagaming, breaking the tester to my knowledge is only KOSable and not metagaming, i feel like this should fit under the same category. You are playing the game with the intended tools, obviously its detrimental to the innos but its still playing the game within intended mechanics.