Pending Change the taser/the rules about the taser

Taser Changes (Choose up to 3)

• Remove Passive KOS (Keep 10 damage so its reportable)

• Remove Passive KOS (Make it do 0 damage)

• Keep Passive KOS (Make it do 0 damage)

• Keep Passive KOS (Have all damage dealt to a tased person be credited to the person that tased them)

• Dont change anything about the taser

Results are only viewable after voting.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
The taser is a funny gun but it leads to people killing a tased person even when the detective doesnt intend it. I want to keep the taser as it is but remove the passive KOS. If the detective wants to kill someone they tased, they have plenty of time to do it themselves.

Note: Yes this is a TTT suggestion in the discord subforum. I made it here so I could do a poll

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
2 & 4 make the most sense to me. All credit or mild inconvenience when not used to execute someone.

Last edited:

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
Honestly, I changed my mind, I like option 2 better. The tazer is fun to just use on random ppl and friends and it would be nice to not have the person I taze get killed when I didn’t mean to kos them. It seems like most ppl on the server use the tazer to troll their friends instead of kosing traitors with it.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
option 4 is the best a detective damaging someone should always be kos, even if the tazer does 0 dmg or its not a kos you're probably still gonna die everytime to somone walking over you by accident or a t that sees you taze them, the tazers also really buggy and sometimes you'll die for no reason would just become annoying people tazing more freely than they already do

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
option 4 is the best a detective damaging someone should always be kos, even if the tazer does 0 dmg or its not a kos you're probably still gonna die everytime to somone walking over you by accident or a t that sees you taze them, the tazers also really buggy and sometimes you'll die for no reason would just become annoying people tazing more freely than they already do
My issue with the kos is that 5 seconds after being teased and the detective still isn’t shooting the victim - it shouldn’t count as a passive kos. There is obviously no intent to kill

What about removing passive kos and crediting the detective with the damage if it’s “killed by world.”

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
My issue with the kos is that 5 seconds after being teased and the detective still isn’t shooting the victim - it shouldn’t count as a passive kos. There is obviously no intent to kill

What about removing passive kos and crediting the detective with the damage if it’s “killed by world.”
how about just lessen the time it takes to kill off a passive tazed kos

or just dont randomly taze people for no reason, that could be the move

the det should always get credited with world kills done with tazer thats a good idea

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
On the one hand, the passive kos allows me to fulfill my blood lust.

On the other hand, I'm tired of dummies reporting me for a detective tasing them (even when they were doing evil things) and I think it would be smarter for that damage to be credited to the the taser user (and probably save multiple reports every game. Reports should be for shitposting not for noobs who don't get the rules)

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
how about just lessen the time it takes to kill off a passive tazed kos

or just dont randomly taze people for no reason, that could be the move

the det should always get credited with world kills done with tazer thats a good idea
I guess my argument is what I originally stated. Is there any situation you can think of where a detective needs help killing a tased player (that wouldn’t be covered by GBA)?

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
I guess my argument is what I originally stated. Is there any situation you can think of where a detective needs help killing a tased player (that wouldn’t be covered by GBA)?
when i taze traitors and lag off the map, happens too much luckily innos are always there to cover for me

Virunas

Prestigious
Legacy
If you make the damage from tasers 0, then make sure that it still gets logged in f8.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
The idea I have is not listed here:
  • Make Taser do 0 damage. Remove passive KOS. Tased player can kill detective within 3 seconds of recovering from the tase.
I do recognize that this is absolutely against the spirit of TTT- but so is making it do 0 damage to make it unreportable, and removing the passive KOS. This at least leaves room for street justice if we're taking RDM reports out of the picture.

Virunas

Prestigious
Legacy
  • Make Taser do 0 damage. Remove passive KOS. Tased player can kill detective within 3 seconds of recovering from the tase.
I do recognize that this is absolutely against the spirit of TTT- but so is making it do 0 damage to make it unreportable, and removing the passive KOS. This at least leaves room for street justice if we're taking RDM reports out of the picture.
I actually really like this. Also, you can still take damage from prop physics.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
If they can kill the detective even if the detective doesnt shoot them while they are down, make it deal damage. If the detective tases you and doesnt deal any damage, what do you need justice for?

Edit: nvm. I kinda like this idea. Make it a deterrent for people that just hop around tasing randomly

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
I like the sound of street justice in this case, still remember two people arguing that killing some detective by another was a smart idea because passive kos.

Lesson being: DB and a deagle fixes all stupid shit.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Yall are making some good points. I’m not really sure what the best solution is now tbh.
It seems like taking the passive kos away is going to be accepted. In a couple days, I might scrap the poll or make a new thread with a new poll to decide what the other aspects look like.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
I kinda like this idea. Make it a deterrent for people that just hop around tasing randomly
The idea of getting revenge.... for a random tasing against you... would be nice and all... but wouldn't it just create more confusion and rdm's.

I doubt that people will just let you kill the detective... just because he tased you...and let you live after. What most likely will happen is the moment you finish flailing around like a fish out of water and attempt to attack the detective... he and all other innos (and probably t's too) will gun you down and turn you into swiss cheese.

we all tend to Shoot first and figure out what the fuck happened after the person is dead..