Pending Change the taser/the rules about the taser

Taser Changes (Choose up to 3)

• Remove Passive KOS (Keep 10 damage so its reportable)

• Remove Passive KOS (Make it do 0 damage)

• Keep Passive KOS (Make it do 0 damage)

• Keep Passive KOS (Have all damage dealt to a tased person be credited to the person that tased them)

• Dont change anything about the taser

Results are only viewable after voting.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Maybe people should stop crying and not report people !
Reports barely happen now. This isnt about reports. Its about improving the game experience since most people use the taser to shit around anyway. This change allows the taser to be used for fun and for genuine gameplay situations

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
I think the taser rules are unnecessarily complicated.
we all tend to Shoot first and figure out what the fuck happened after the person is dead..
People die all the time because some dickhead tased them and they get mobbed by everyone in the vicinity. There isn't really any point in the taser doing damage, it's plenty powerful without it. Make the taser do zero damage, and remove the passive kos. If the person who used the taser wants to kos they can just call it out.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I think the taser rules are unnecessarily complicated.

People die all the time because some dickhead tased them and they get mobbed by everyone in the vicinity. There isn't really any point in the taser doing damage, it's plenty powerful without it. Make the taser do zero damage, and remove the passive kos. If the person who used the taser wants to kos they can just call it out.
The 10 damage is there to make unwanted/random tasing reportable. Im fine with keeping the damage in tbh

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
The 10 damage is there to make unwanted/random tasing reportable. Im fine with keeping the damage in tbh
I don't see a problem with random tasing (if it does zero damage) unless you somehow get hurt or die from it. Can it be annoying? Yeah. But if someone's gettin tased that much just hit the perp with a harassment warning.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
I don't see a problem with random tasing (if it does zero damage) unless you somehow get hurt or die from it. Can it be annoying? Yeah. But if someone's gettin tased that much just hit the perp with a harassment warning.
But if the taser does 0 damage wouldn't it also make it more work to figure out who actually did the tasing to warn them?
+ the "fish mode" is super buggy and you can die at any moment from a prop touching you or someone kicking you with their giant feet... and some/new players might want to report someone for their unfair death.. especially if it happens often.

Preventing one person from tasing you is simpler and easier than preventing the whole server from trying to kill you while you're being a fish on the floor.

Also....
has there ever been a "WANTED" tasing? apart from the instance where "certain people" (10000% wasn't me) were doing the ghost glitch thingy...

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
has there ever been a "WANTED" tasing? apart from the instance where "certain people" (10000% wasn't me) were doing the ghost glitch thingy...
Im more talking about people that dont mind. Like for me: if @j3kawesome randomly tases me and then starts crowbaring my spastic body, it becomes a race to see if I can slay him before he finishes.

I never win...

There's already enough peer pressure to not report. 10 damage is very unlikely to be round altering, but does give people who dont like to be tased and immediate avenue to express that without it having to be repetitive for a harassment warning. Or a better solution might be to drop it to 0 damage, remove the passive kos, and have all world damage be credited to the detective.

Last edited:

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Just add the taser itself to f8 logs, cant be too hard. IIrc malfunction shows up in logs (if not in AHG then it did in sgm). No need for damage imo.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Think having reportable damage is good since it prevents people being really really funny and taxing random people