Pending Choose your vanilla player model?

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I know that mapmakers can choose the default player model for everyone, so I feel like we should allow everyone (even no ranks!) to choose their model between the 4 default ones. (Guerrilla, Phoenix, Arctic, and 1 other that I'm forgetting)
small qol that can be applied to vanilla as well as semi vanilla
Thanks!

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
PLEASE DO NOT ADD THIS TO VANILLA I BEG YOU
KEEP VANILLA VANILLA
how does it change anything lol
harpoons are less vanilla than using VANILLA playermodels

Everlong

VIP
Yeah, the VANILLA SKINS are more vanilla than triple harpoons.

Marshal Zuijj

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
how does it change anything lol
harpoons are less vanilla than using VANILLA playermodels
players being able to choose their own models adds a dumb unnecessary layer of deduction if you see someone kill someone, but miss their name (or they're in disguise).
now its like "oh shit i didn't see their name, but i know <Player> uses the arctic model, so i should watch out for them".
a major appeal of vanilla for me is the static appearance of everyone on the server. also for certain maps it's a thematic choice (arctic on christmastown xd)

misread the above comment, but yeah remove harpoons too fuckem

Last edited:

Everlong

VIP
players being able to choose their own models adds a dumb unnecessary layer of deduction if you see someone kill someone, but miss their name (or they're in disguise).
now its like "oh shit i didn't see their name, but i know <Player> uses the arctic model, so i should watch out for them".
a major appeal of vanilla for me is the static appearance of everyone on the server. also for certain maps it's a thematic choice (arctic on christmastown xd)

misread the above comment, but yeah remove harpoons too fuckem
Literally the whole reason you could choose the same model in Counter Strike Source was ironically to confuse opponents. doesn't add anything here, but I don't think thats a reason to keep out the custosms skins. Accessories such as sthe chrisstmas hat do the same thing and nobody mentions that.

Marshal Zuijj

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Accessories such as sthe chrisstmas hat do the same thing and nobody mentions that.
i was vocal about how dumb accessories were back when they trialed the awp backpack the other year, i still think they're dumb now.

1682486165935.png

honestly sgm's weapon skin system was the only form of customization that i was somewhat ok with, since people can drop and take other skins from people (and since they were just textures and not remodels). but please don't touch real visual identifiers like player models.