Rejected Clairvoyancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
This is an unusual addon I found while browsing GitHub. Its called clairvoyancy. When bought from the Detective item menu, it allows the detective to get a vision of a death, but with certain requirements.

Description pulled from GitHub

"
This equipment is available for the Detective in the Equipment menu. When somebody dies, the detectives who brought the Clairvoyant Powers (and are far enough away) will receive a vision of the dead body for 2 seconds (configurable via ConVars) and afterwards they have a 50% chance (configurable via ConVars) of the body being highlighted for them.

Be careful though! This power comes at a cost. You cannot control when your visions happen, so if someone dies somewhere when you're in danger, well you're in for the ride. Too many people dying at once will cause a sensory overload and hurt you as well!

Detectives killing people will NOT trigger the perk.

After you've bought the item in the shop, an icon shows up on the left hand side of your screen to indicate, that the perk is active."

Both the distance and the time the vision lasts can be configured through the code. I do not believe the 50% chance of being highlighted will be added, so i wont even touch on that part of the description. It explains that the vision can be extremely helpful but with great cost making it out to seem pretty balanced. I am not sure what the sensory overload causes but im all for testing it if implemented.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I think there is way too much going on for something like this. We're not looking to introduce things this complicated, at least not at this moment

I think a perk like this needs to cost 2 points rather than one.

Can I make my custom weapon cost 2 or 3 credits instead of 1?​

No, and this is intentional. I don’t want the equipment menu to turn into a CS:S-like store. The decision a player with a credit should make is “which equipment is going to help me most?”. If equipment starts having variable prices, the decision suddenly involves options such as saving for more expensive equipment, and which equipment is the most price-efficient. This seemingly small change will add a bunch of complexity.
In short: this is intentional and will not change.
The solution is to balance your weapon for 1 credit. If you’re looking for an easy option, limit the weapon’s ammo and let players buy another one to get more shots once they run out.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I think there is way too much going on for something like this. We're not looking to introduce things this complicated, at least not at this moment

This is the first time I’m hearing about not being able to make t items cost more than 1 credit. How was sgm able to do it? I remember a few items costing 2 or more credits.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
This is the first time I’m hearing about not being able to make t items cost more than 1 credit. How was sgm able to do it? I remember a few items costing 2 or more credits.
Don't think they did. IIRC there were only in map traps that costed 2 credits (and idk if they even worked)

Status
Not open for further replies.