Pending Custom titles for all members

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
was going to type something out after rating it last night, but couldn't think of a good way of explaining my stance, best i can come up with is this

it's a perfectly fine feature to give to donators, idc about that part

i just feel that being staff and helping people out is the incentive, not being able to meme a little extra in a limited character amount

if the reason someone becomes staff is for the incentives, then that honestly kinda worries me

edit: basically, my dislike is saying that i am perfectly ok with what we've got as staff now, don't think we need more

Thanks for the input. I'm confused by this though. It sounds like you actually agree with the suggestion? Staff incentives was only a response to Titan that claimed that it is the sole reason for unity within the staff team.

Kythol

mama's moppings this pizza's got toppings
Prestigious
Legacy
Thanks for the input. I'm confused by this though. It sounds like you actually agree with the suggestion? Staff incentives was only a response to Titan that claimed that it is the sole reason for unity within the staff team.
yeah, i'll be honest, meant to put disagree, but i'm lazy

will fix it now tho

overall, +1 for titles, -0.5 for more staff incentives because we're spoiled already

Scotty

I don’t feel like cooperating with destiny.
VIP
Legacy
Everyone should have it. I honestly find it dumb that its a staff only thing. A completely different color and name popping up on the side of the site whenever you are online should be "incentive" enough.

Its not hard to moderate with multiple eyes on forums at most points and it allows people to have personality showing. If anything make it a supporter+ thing and then leave it to that forums wise.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Titan that claimed that it is the sole reason for unity within the staff team
?

As I recall, I simply stated that it is the only perk afforded to those that dedicated their time to staffing this community, past or present. Not that it is the "sole reason for unity within the staff team." Anyone who thinks of a small custom title as incentive to get staff to begin with is ridiculous.

The sheer insignificance is part of its charm
I suspect that if any better perk were afforded, such as in game bonuses, it would be met with more backlash in the future. Maybe not. I'm open to suggestions. But it is my firm belief that staff deserve something for the time and effort they put forth for the server.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
?

As I recall, I simply stated that it is the only perk afforded to those that dedicated their time to staffing this community, past or present. Not that it is the "sole reason for unity within the staff team." Anyone who thinks of a small custom title as incentive to get staff to begin with is ridiculous.

The sheer insignificance is part of its charm
I suspect that if any better perk were afforded, such as in game bonuses, it would be met with more backlash in the future. Maybe not. I'm open to suggestions. But it is my firm belief that staff deserve something for the time and effort they put forth for the server.

Ah gotcha. It was confusing because your previous post contradicted that stance by saying it was "the one thing that unifies staff" (word by word), and then later said that that it is the only benefit to becoming staff. Thanks for the clarifying your position.

Staff incentives have always been met with positivity in the past. There were staff picnics, staff often got to beta test features before they went public, points were once awarded for staff hours (ultimately abandoned because admins weren't delivering the points- this could definitely be reimplemented). Other servers even often give free donor ranks to their staff team, although I know that was already declined here. It's good to see that there are alternative benefits being given in AHG as well such as the collectable Minecraft cards coming to the future Minecraft server. I absolutely agree that staff deserve something from staffing... so give it them. The fact that you said that the feature is so insignificant for staff goes to show that it would fit in a better role as a donator rank and that more appreciation should be given to the staff with better incentives.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Ah gotcha. It was confusing because your previous post contradicted that stance by saying it was "the one thing that unifies staff" (word by word), and then later said that that it is the only benefit to becoming staff. Thanks for the clarifying your position.
Mhm. Your confusion is understood. But I was not referring to the present staff team with that statement - my point was its the one thing that unifies all users who were at one point staff.

The present-staff incentives are good. I mean, it sounds sappy, but I agree with Kythol in that I think the main incentive is being able to not only play the game but also be afforded the abilities to ensure and facilitate fun as much as possible, far more than a non+staff can. IMO, staff picnics are not really anything fun. It's just kinda a lot of abusing ulx commands, and that gets boring quick. The opposite to that is just.. playing ttt, and if we're just gonna play ttt at a staff picnic, why not hop on and play with the rest of the community. Seems unnecessary. As for actual implemented incentives like points, I think you have to be cautious that you don't incentivize it so much that people want staff just for the incentive, rather than the drive to help.

This is a big tangent, though, because I'm more talking about having something concrete (and individualized/personalized) for former staff, not just present staff. A little something that shows that you once dedicated your time just to help the community flourish. Maybe I'm just a dude who cares too much about gmod communities, but I was always quite pleased with my little custom title, as I was proud of my former tenures. It's along the same vein of, like, an early supporter badge or something. I just particularly liked the custom titles, because I thought the "former staff badge" so to speak being a little opportunity to promote individuality was fitting and neat. Really relatively insignificant, but otherwise a cool perk. But enough about the custom titles - onto what could nicely fill the role. Maybe a forum badge or something. I have no idea. It's late and I'm watching Loki ?‍♂️