Pending Custom titles for all members

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Having custom titles just for staff was always weird. It was argued to be an "incentive" to be staff.. but that isn't really a good incentive, let's be honest.

Besides, it's equally weird to have everyone around being labelled as "New Member".

Ted

The cuddly bear
Prestigious
Hey there,

New Ted here :eek:

I'm not new btw :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for coming to my Ted talk with guest speaker Helix
Please give helix approved suggestion :cool:

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Hey there Ted,

Let me start by thanking you for your response. But unfortunately I think I speak for the whole forums here and say we don't want the ? emoji here. Please stop using it before I have to start taking action against it.

Yours sincerely,
Yellow

Antiant

VIP
Legacy
+1
i don't see a reason not to

Reactions: Ted

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
The reason the suggestion has been denied in the past is because its the only "perk" you get when you become staff. Its also kind of cool to be able to track who has been staff without digging through changelogs or report/appeal threads.

Other than that, there is no real moderation reason not to do this, but I still feel like those points are worth being brought up. Imma stay neutral

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy

Peter

Senior Moderator
Prestigious
VIP
if you update ur status it shouldnt say new member

Having a custom title is good. It can pretty much have another option to describe yourself in the title. You have other things you can describe yourself but making your own title feels like so much power and i love it.

33D13511-838C-43D5-9D90-A6AAAFFD837B.jpeg

Peter

Senior Moderator
Prestigious
VIP
The reason the suggestion has been denied in the past is because its the only "perk" you get when you become staff. Its also kind of cool to be able to track who has been staff without digging through changelogs or report/appeal threads.

Other than that, there is no real moderation reason not to do this, but I still feel like those points are worth being brought up. Imma stay neutral
I can see that BUT WHAT IF, there can be another way to show who has been staff? There just has to be...right?

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
if you update ur status it shouldnt say new member
I was wrong it's not your status, but if you go to Account Details there's an option for Custom Title. ?

Someone try it and tell me if it worked ;)

Peter

Senior Moderator
Prestigious
VIP
I was wrong it's not your status, but if you go to Account Details there's an option for Custom Title. ?

Someone try it and tell me if it worked ;)
I don’t see it. Maybe because I am on phone or something. Or even maybe it is there and i cannot see it. But as of right now, i do not see it.

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
I don’t see it. Maybe because I am on phone or something. Or even maybe it is there and i cannot see it. But as of right now, i do not see it.
hmm yea try it when you are on the computer sometimes it's different on phone

Ted

The cuddly bear
Prestigious
hmm yea try it when you are on the computer sometimes it's different on phone
As you can see, we are not staff and we do not have that power....

We are all new members... If we had that function this would not be a suggestion :unsure:

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
It’s an option currently limited to staff

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I'm just going to share what I sent to ryan yesterday since I feel like I enumerated myself best there - -1

Zt7IzqK.png

inb4 light mode
Few problems here though that are pretty glaring.

1) You’re going back to creating the exclusivisity that existed between the player base vs the staff team that alienated a lot of people at SGM. You even said it direct in your post called the staff team the “cool kids club” inferring the clique. Is that the direction that AHG is going in as well?

2) Custom titles is a pretty poor way of tracking ex-staff members. What if they don’t use the custom title at all while staff? There’s 101 better systems that could be used. Why not create a “Former Staff” cosmetic rank for instance?

3) It is a really poor staff incentive. Why not use the available development team to create actual real staff incentives? Points for staff team. Staff picnics. Custom skins for staff. Etc? I’ve heard playing cards are being developed for the staff on Minecraft so it seems like this is already happening. Why limit a feature that’s already available on almost any other gaming forum?

4) It could generate income. Heck, put it behind a paywall for ranked members only. I think most would be okay with that.