Rejected Deathstation Drop on death

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Maybe this could be a perk or something you pay points for, but it sucks when you got a death station in your inventory and you get killed before you use it. Granted it'd be super obvious when you die in game and your body drops a death station, but it could lead people to blow up when IDing the body/stay around and trick someone later in the game

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Kamoflajh

Gaming
VIP
Legacy
Maybe also normal health stations for detectives too?

SavannahBanana

I Love RDM
VIP
Legacy
All T weapons and stuff should drop when they die
All D weapons and stuff should drop when they die
great idea +1

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Deathstations dropping on death would only cause RDM I can't see any possibility where it doesn't so -1

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
I hate buying healthstation as detective, trying to find a suitable spot to put it down and then dying halfway there and it dissapears into the void, as for death station, it acts a bit like a dead mans switch making for an explosive finish, also quite cool. definitely +1

Scotty

I don’t feel like cooperating with destiny.
VIP
Legacy
Both D and T stations dropping on death I like +1

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
I can totally see some new player killing a t, seeing a health station and then having it blow up on him, or a huge crowd of people rushing to ID a body and a death station blowing around them. Sounds really funny. +1

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
+1 This could definitely be used for new strats 100% feel like this mechanic should happen with more items than just the visualizer

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I will be rejecting this suggestion for two reasons.
1. When a Death Station is placed anywhere near an unIDed body, it is very easy to accidentally activate it while IDing the body. This is incredibly frustrating from a gameplay perspective and will cause players to leave.
2. @Yellöw brought up a very good point with regards to RDM. You have to warn T buddies whenever you're planning to drop a death station in a place where it could be activated immediately. If you die in a crowd and another player immediately activates the death station, you will probably get at least one T buddy killed. The rules were designed to prevent this very situation, but you shouldn't punish someone for dying.

This is an idea that sounds really cool at first, and we can look into doing it for health stations. But in practice, this would be a nightmare from both a gameplay and a staffing perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.