Rejected Destructible Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
While the idea of breakable doors sounds awesome, the only thing I can think of is this being just another prop that can crash the server. What if the door gets stuck and then decides to start killing players? if we can test it and it functions right then im down for it.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
My concern with it is that the addon only works for HL2 Doors and if for some reason a non HL2 door is on a map this would not work for that
From the workshop addons videos, the addon also does not work on doors that slide open. This excludes all doors on say the map terror train.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
I know the person that made this addon! Pog

It's decently old and I don't think he is necessarily proud of what's on his workshop but I know it works as intended and hasn't crashed any servers that he's hosted with this addon, if that's worth anything. Only thing I'd be concerned about is what j3k said above. Otherwise +1, it would be nice to have SOMETHING to combat doorspamming

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Rejecting for two reasons:
1. Knowing how fragile the Garry's Mod engine is, I really highly doubt this plugin doesn't cause crashes.
2. It'd be a pretty big gameplay change that would require much more community support to justify implementing.

Status
Not open for further replies.