Pending Detective grappling hook?

The Memelord

VIP
Legacy
If I remember correctly, I think this was rejected in the past due to people being able to camp are some shit like that.

I'll still +1 it though. Why the hell not?

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
I just think it will be an item that gives access for players to reach out of bounds or unreachable places.

And if its added, the only way to balance it out, would be to edit all maps to have invis walls, which is a hassle

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
I think it would be fun. I’ve played on servers that had it and it’s always fun

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
I just think it will be an item that gives access for players to reach out of bounds or unreachable places.

And if its added, the only way to balance it out, would be to edit all maps to have invis walls, which is a hassle
tbf there are tons of ways already to reach out of bounds areas i see little harm in adding one more in exchange for the feeling of being spiderman +1

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy

we've already got prop flying, player boosting, newton launching, combobulators, discombobs, etc, all capable of getting to high places. i don't think any editing would be necessary. just if someone goes somewhere invisible, they get unstuck

Halen

VIP
Legacy
I mean personally I think the whole vibe of AHG is tied into the goofiness of the community and the typical gameplay (propkilling all day every day). Therefore, I think introducing gadgets that further increase mobility will lead to more unique scenarios you won't come across on other servers. This is the type of stuff that makes AHG my favorite server. +1 fuck it add jetpacks too!

Reactions: Syn

interloper

VIP

nothings unreachable with combobs

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy

I mean it is sort of the staff's job to deal with that anyway

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I guarantee that no one who has +1'd this suggestion has ever played on a server that has these. They are so bad for gameplay and open up many new avenues for exploits. Garry's Mod really does not like ropes, so it would also be likely to cause more server crashes.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I guarantee that no one who has +1'd this suggestion has ever played on a server that has these. They are so bad for gameplay and open up many new avenues for exploits. Garry's Mod really does not like ropes, so it would also be likely to cause more server crashes.
Things like jetpacks and double jumps on other servers are dogshit features. Thanks for reminding me. -1

Syn

Yuh
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
yeah after the concerns mentioned above I don't think this would be a good addition, I would still like a detective version of newton jumper though