Pending Discord Revamp

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
This is entirely personal, and is to discuss a problem that the server currently has, and it's solutions that could help it. If you have anything to add to this thread from your preferences,

It's fine by me.

Discord servers are where most people connect in communities, including chat rooms, voice channels, some events and things that a server would have. And some of them are original.

My issue is that, compared to SGM's discord, is that the format of both discord servers are a bit boring. You only get a handful of voice channels, 0 actual events, and really just isn't good. Things like the mentioning of politics which I literally do not care about gets casually spread around, including some whacky images and topics.

And my personal solution, if I were Pierogi for a day, is to completely revamp the format of the server.

As of now the things that are publicly known to be planned are Rust, SCP:SL and Minecraft servers. Yet there is 0 things related to any of those games in the server, thus disrupting the hype for the community. Categories of these games and possibly any other planned games should exist where they contain chat, suggestion and voice channels, but it doesn't.

I'd like to see these Categories and channels exist, but I don't want just to see them be created and then the channel list on the left gets filled with a bunch of channels. An easy way to combat this is with..

Reaction Roles

Reaction Roles are Roles that you can self-assign to yourself as a way to give you your own personalization of basically anything. And its not at all difficult to code, hell there's even a bot that can do the job basically for you. But with this, more possibilities can get brought to light.
  • Reaction Roles can be utilized so that if a user plays one of the planned servers in the future and joins the server, they can go in and select a role that corresponds to the game they just played, let's just say TTT as it's out. They now get access to just the TTT category, meanwhile the other categories are completely invisible for this user, making the overall experience clean.
  • Reaction Roles can also be utilized by giving people roles that they like. If you like, for example, Music, access to specific Music channels can be unlocked for them. Things also like hobbies and other things that people do in the outside world can be used here, like touching grass.

Introducing the whacky idea of,

Discord Benefits

Let's say you just bought VIP, and you get that role on the discord. Congrats, now you got some benefits that someone without VIP now has! Things like, for example
  • Private Channels
  • Private Voice Channels
  • Role Colors
  • Flexing Power
are all things that you can get from this. So now, not only you get some neat little perks in-game, you can now get some more in the discord.

Bots

Bots can spruce up a server really easily, I'm not talking about the most common examples like a Music bot, but other interesting things.
  • Idle-RPG bots
  • Economy bots
  • Mee6 (ranks)
  • Pokebot
  • Other interactive bots
All of these things can really make a reason why you want to return to the server, increasing activity.

-

In summary, a revamp with help with Interactivity, Activity, and overall a better time with the server. With the use of New Channels, New Categories, New Benefits, Bots, and probably other things, we can really improve the server.

The problem with the server now is that, it's outdated for the most part. It'll get boring if nothing is changed. As now we are a new server that has branched off of SGM, I believe that it's time to completely change everything.

Out with the old, in with the new.
-Drake

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Add idle miner bot and owobot and tatsu thanks

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Reaction Roles is something that is being worked on with Tembot integration, but in my personal opinion I don't want extra bots in the discord. I feel like discord servers with bots mike MEE6 or minigame bots cause clutter and overall take away from the community feeling of the discord

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Reaction Roles is something that is being worked on with Tembot integration, but in my personal opinion I don't want extra bots in the discord. I feel like discord servers with bots mike MEE6 or minigame bots cause clutter and overall take away from the community feeling of the discord

The thread wasn't really super focused to just bots. I just do not want to see the afterhoursgaming discord being super similar to sgm's

Acnologia

:再
VIP
Legacy

I'm indifferent to bots being added, however; there's a very easy fix to your concerns regarding clutter which is to just restrict them to being able to post in one channel and taking commands from only that channel. The community feeling is very subjective and in my views I feel it adds more of a community aspect.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
If MEE6 gets added I am going to cause several problems