Implemented Disguiser upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
For a reasonable number of points, when disguised your player model is switched to default
We had this on SGM and it successfully adds a layer between your actions and yourself

For a significant number of points, when disguised your name changes to that of a random innocent or just a random name from a long list
The major issue with using an innos name would be RDM, and so it would Require an RDM manager and/or Death Message (alongside the 'You were killed by: ) that you were framed.
To use a random name however would still give it away once players start to recognise the names, however it still hides your identity and most of the times players don't read the names unless they're looking for someone, and so seeing a name pop up doesn't arouse the suspicion that a lack of name does

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
+1 to the changing player model to default, -1 to the changing names. Changing names could cause a lot of confusion if the disguised player were to say something bad while using another player's name.

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I prefer things that add an element of confusion to the game and enables the traitors to deceive players to kill rather than just gunning them all down so I like the suggestion. Probably should draw from names of players in-game, or completely random names. If it pulled from common player names users would be at a disadvantage. Probably be some things that need to be worked out on the moderation side to make this work and not cause issues.

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
+1 Changing models is fine and would make it much more viable.
As for names, certain assumptions would have to be made about whether or not the players would follow the rules if the name chosen was a random one. And for a scenario where it chooses a random innocents name, it would just lead to RDM (and in rare cases maybe even harassment/toxicity if you can try to toggle it on and off to get a certain player's name who you don't like). So -1 for names.

Last edited:

Max

Supporter
I'd actually use skins if It woudl revert to a default-skin when using the disguiser.

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
Due to the reasons stated above:

+1 For the Model change
-1 For the Name change

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Model change accepted.
Name change rejected, would make RDM reports a mess to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.