Rejected Do not slay people for rdm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
I move that people who rdm not be slain since the victim can just join ghost deathmatch during the rounds that they were rdmed.

The purpose of a slay is to make the offender sit out the round, however this does nothing for the person who was rdmed, the person who was rdmed gets to have all the fun they want in spec dm, while the person who was slain gets to have no fun, but isn’t that what we should be doing in video games? Maximizing potential fun.

By allowing a slays to happen you are eneabling a revenge based justice system which has been proven to be a terrible way to go about things, just look at the Babylonians, they’re dead, do you guys want to end up like Babylon... slaying people removes the maximum amount of fun a server can have, and therefore increases the rate at people will be logging off...

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

wubby

VIP
Legacy
This means in order to support this suggestion for a chance of approval, you CANNOT report people for RDM against you, no matter what.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
I have not reported anyone on the server before... my mental constitution is un yielding...

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
This is a very intriguing suggestion. Will have to think it over...

Max

Supporter
Yeah, no. There are people who get what they deserve when they break the rules. It's why there's a text box for a short response conversation. Sometimes its an accident, sometimes people are being shit.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Except when you get slain you're usually the only person who got slain, and you would be the only person playing spectator deathmatch. By yourself. Also it's deathmatch with shitty guns, not TTT; playing in spectator deathmatch is not equivalent to playing a round of TTT.

And since you're against slays, what sort of punishment do you recommend for those who RDM?

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I am gonna hop in here - we are not going to remove the slay system for RDM. We are working to fix the bug that allows slain players to join spectator deathmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.