Pending Double points system for unplayed/rarely picked maps

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
I'm putting this suggestion here.... cause....... fuck it why not....

A simple double points system for selecting and playing a map that's unpopular or rarely picked.
This way maybe we won't play the same 4 maps over and over again and actually play some of the other shit we have on and get some spicy points while rdming the shit out of each other.... i mean.. taking ttt very seriously and playing each round .... "correctly"

Ajaycent

Prestigious
VIP
Oh god double points for playing on Sands or Kakariko...

Yeah fuck it whatever more money +1

Max

Supporter
I don't see this helping much, but I don't see it hurting anything. +1

The Memelord

VIP
Legacy
First of all, I don't know how you would implement this. What constitutes a map not being played on enough? And also, could we not just play on those maps constantly for constant double points?

The only way I could see this working out is if some algorithm was made to determine which maps aren't getting played enough, and constantly updating the statistics to monitor which maps are popular. This is so that the double point system isn't abused.

Also, I don't know about you, but I've seen a lot of map variety when I've played the last couple of days. If I'm correct, wasn't there something implemented to make more popular maps show up less?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Man. This guy really hates democracy. What’s up with that?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
First of all, I don't know how you would implement this. What constitutes a map not being played on enough? And also, could we not just play on those maps constantly for constant double points?

The only way I could see this working out is if some algorithm was made to determine which maps aren't getting played enough, and constantly updating the statistics to monitor which maps are popular. This is so that the double point system isn't abused.

Also, I don't know about you, but I've seen a lot of map variety when I've played the last couple of days. If I'm correct, wasn't there something implemented to make more popular maps show up less?
No but votes are hidden until the second half of voting to stop people from hive-minding to the first map they see with votes

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
No but votes are hidden until the second half of voting to stop people from hive-minding to the first map they see with votes
they still hive-mind in the second half tho... and you can just scream what to vote for in first section too...