Pending Fix or Remove Bomb Rush

Everlong

VIP
I think at this point it is obvious how loathed bomb rush is by the community. There have been suggestions to rework it, to straight out remove it, and I am simply just going to state the reasons that I have heard and how they could be fixed.

Shitboxes
The bomb hitboxes are an absolute joke. You can click everywhere on somebody who is standing still and nothing would happen. It is down to RNG if you hit them or not even when they are standing still, let alone moving. It is not fun when you start with the bomb and just cannot hit anybody due to shitreg. My only suggestion would be to increase the bomb hitbox.

Map Sizes
All maps are different sizes. The timer is the same regardless of map. Imagine this, its a 1v1 on Community Skating and you are far away from the other player. It will take more than nine seconds to reach them, you are basically dead. The radar doesn't help to find people who keep moving around which is another point I will get to. My solution to the map size problem would be to add a battle-royale-esque cloud that slowly closes in on the center and slowly kills whoever is not inside of it if possible, or an incentive to move closer to the center in general in order to avoid camping and situations like I mentioned above.

Useless Radar
The idea of the Radar is good in concept, but the execution is terrible. If somebody is constantly running around on a confusing, mazy map(such as chaser, although thats just an example), the radar is useless. My suggestion is to simply just outline everybody instead when the radar is supposed to pop up, it would be easier to find people. Pair this with the previous suggestion and the late game of this shouldn't be too bad.

Conclusion
Bomb rush is flawed. Just remove it or fix it, my suggestions are suggestions and I said why I(and probably MANY others), dislike it. I know Ryan covered this before, but this is just my take on the whole situation. If some of these changes are impossible, just remove the mode. Everybody groans when it shows up, maybe replace it with one of the many fun rounds suggested here.

Also Bonks this is why I was AFK in that one round.

Last edited:

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I assume the "shitboxes" are more related to desync? Out of curiosity if during the mode everybody got set to a specific skin with a larger hitbox, would there be a significant difference or would hits still not register?
This would probably be the best option imo. I like this solution a lot.