Games that made you feel a certain way

Nitro_Hunter

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Wether it be rage or sadness, games can bring out certain emotions.

all of fallout new vegas made me feel sad, happy, depressed, rage, but most importantly it made me feel hopeful, as a wise man covered in bandages once said, in a world filled with misery and uncertainty, it is a great comfort to know that, in the end, there is light in the darkness

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
as memed as it is, Undertale made me feel a huge mix of emotions

Jennie

Cute Bunny UwU
Senior Moderator
Prestigious
Legacy
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, that one scene of Roxas having his best friend die in his hands. That was the most saddest thing I've ever watched in a video game.

Super Smash Bros Brawl, that one brings me a lot of nostalgia and I will never forget that.

Half-Life, that one was the game that introduced me to FPS games.

Last edited:

Bruno

Legacy
Oh dude i've got plenty of those, every single one of them affected me in a certain way emotionally. I grew up playing some of those games and im not sure have they took part in shaping me of who i am today.

- Detroit become human
- Every single Life is strange game ( waiting for True colors to come out next month)
- Every single Telltale game
-I grew up playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion, it brings me nostalgia, i could even maybe say the same for Skyrim
-Far cry 3 was also very emotional
- Ehh i'll put Cyberpunk 2077 too, for what its worth, it does have some good emotional qualities.

Ainoyu Yunomi

✘o ✘o
VIP
Legacy
Honestly, story games tend to get to me the most emotion-wise.

On top of my head, I can recall

Those that makes me sad/tear up a bit
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Telltale Game - The Walking Dead
  • Life is Strange (1 more than prequel and 2)
  • To the Moon
  • The Beginner's Guide

Dread
  • Soma
  • Detention
  • P.T.

The Muffinman

I got cake on dat muffin
VIP
Legacy
As an OG halo player that game holds a special place in my heart. I remember the halo events and parties that would happen and the sound track reminds me of the good ol days when I was a kid. The memories tied to that game will forever be with me.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I know it may seem basic, but minecraft. This game is what launched me into the gaming community, seeing youtubers like vanossgaming, H2ODelerious, and others play minecraft and then gmod pushed me into the gmod community.

Minecraft also is a game that I can turn back to time and time again to be that companion that gets me through the toughest of times

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
world of warcraft simultaneously makes me angry, and very depressed. was the king of mmos, could've stayed king of mmos, and is now a massive joke that nobody wants to pay attention to because of ridiculous game systems and retconning. imagine the lich king being less effective than a fucking undead blood elf with "banshee powers". nobody imagined it, or wanted it, but blizzard did. blizzard also wants to replicate the behavior of bill cosby in the office, to their coworkers, and i'm sure everyone's watching the dumpster fire go up in a blaze via this state of california lawsuit against activision-blizzard.

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
  • Borderlands 2 - Will forever be the game that hit me hard, well written story and characters and goign through the story on your first playthrough, sometimes you just needed a break.

• Watchdogs - the story of the very First Watchdogs just hits so differently, you didnt expect many emotional moments in that game, but boy were you wrong o.o

• Eden Eternal - Will forever be my favorite MMORPG, I can always return to it, it was painful watching it slowly die, devs stopped caring and sometime around April this year, the devs decided to shut down the remaining classic servers. Now the only servers that are left, are those run by a private (Company/Community?)

• A Hat in Time - Didnt hit emotionally, but it just brought a lots of nostalgia back to ones feels about classic 3D platformers like DonkeyKong64, Super Mario 64, Banjo etc. Rcently revisitted the game cause its just that good!

• Hades - Love the game, Loves the story and the Characters, for a rogue-like dungeon Crawler, it is so indebt and more emotional than you would think.

• CoD Mw2/3 - We can say what we want about the Franchise, but the story campaign for at least the Modern Warfare Series, was great, could make you sad, could make you angry, and you would just be satisfied when the villains get what they deserve.

Too much more to mention honestly, but I leave it there

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
Silent Hill 2 is such a masterpiece of a game. There is no other emotion that you feel other than dread, even in the beginning of the game, even in the middle of the game and even after you finish the game. Its so well made. The textures, the details, the story, the characters and the soundtrack just really make you feel so immersed into a 2001 horror game.

Klutch

always down horrifically bad
Legacy
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 always make me emotional af, so many badass and good character moments throughout the whole trilogy

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Agreed, watching them when i was little was hella fun. Watching them play Bo2 from the old days were amazing.

You spelt Delirious wrong
them playing Bo2 was awesome and yes i know i can not spell :yy: