Implemented Hex Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

veL

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
OG's remember

You throw down your hex activation grenade and a circular shield forms where it was thrown, lasts about ~10 sec, maybe less. Was a very underrated detective weapon on SGM that no one ever used because it wasn't around for long enough for people to get used to it and actually strategically use it.

Uses:
  • Throw it onto a death station, step into the shield to activate death station, quickly step out, let it blow up without harming anyone
  • You find a C4 with 4 seconds left, hex shield already in hand, throw it onto the C4 so that all blast damage gets absorbed within the shield, no one is harmed
  • You're last inno, 4 traitors hunting you down, slim chance you'll win but at least you can turn it into an entertaining and more fair of fight by throwing a hex shield down to have some cover for yourself
  • Traitor throws a frag at spawn to kill the AFKs, you throw a hex shield down onto the frag, letting the damage get absorbed and no AFKs left harmed

Before you argue that this is too OP, it really isn't. Ya it can absorb any damage, from shielding you from a storm of bullets to protecting you from a C4 that you are right next to. But when this was on SGM, it was never even commonly used. And the only time I've ever seen it used was in one of those 4 main scenarios above^. Those scenarios don't happen very often anyway, so it's not like the hex shield will be usable every round. You won't always have a hex shield ready in hand, but on the occasion that you do, it can be quite useful. If anything, it helps nerf already OP traitor weapons, such as C4 and gauss rifles. Oh, and jihads too.

Original implementation in SGM --> https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/the-silencer-the-hex-shield-new.37500/

Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
+1111111111111111111111111

Reactions: veL

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I love this idea and it would give the detectives a new edge and allow for new strategies

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
+1 Defensive items are cool

• Agree

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
I fucking love this addon. I wasn't aware we ever had it on SGM and I'd love to try it out

roy

idk I just work here
VIP
Legacy
+1 because I can’t wait to see the crazy shit veL pulls with this

• Funny

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
Yo I remember doing some funny shit with this fucker back in the day, once stopped a harpoon mid air with it, picked it up and threw it back

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.