Answered How many votes are required for suggestions to be accepted or denied?

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
My assumption is that as long as there isn't a technical issue or if it breaks the server rules that it only takes a vote count of +5 to be accepted. The rules in the suggestions forum don't say what the requirements are for a suggestion to be accepted. Is there a time limit for you long suggestions are given time to be voted on?

Solution
There's a lot of factors that I weigh when accepting/denying a suggestion. Generally, I try to follow the community's consensus on votes. However, there are situations where I'll go against something that has a lot of support. These are mainly when severe technical or gameplay issues haven't been considered. The most common situation is when something gets a lot of support but would be a massive pain in the ass, or would greatly add to our download size without any significant positive effect. Most suggestions have a bunch of tradeoffs that are factored before accepting/denying.

The main factors I look for in every suggestion are
  • How much support there is
  • How much work it will take to implement
  • How much it will add to our...

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Ultimately, it's up to the developers. There isn't a set acceptance threshold, or denied threshold. There isn't a set time-limit either, although suggestions are more likely to be gone through before a major event.

EDIT: Pierogi is gonna expand.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
There's a lot of factors that I weigh when accepting/denying a suggestion. Generally, I try to follow the community's consensus on votes. However, there are situations where I'll go against something that has a lot of support. These are mainly when severe technical or gameplay issues haven't been considered. The most common situation is when something gets a lot of support but would be a massive pain in the ass, or would greatly add to our download size without any significant positive effect. Most suggestions have a bunch of tradeoffs that are factored before accepting/denying.

• How much it will add to our download size
  • How much impact the change would have (would people see the improvement every round, or every month?)
This means that there are no set vote counts for each suggestion. The one exception to this is for round end music - the cost of adding each song is the same, so I generally look for 3+ votes on a song for it to be added.

Solution

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy

• How much it will add to our download size
  • How much impact the change would have (would people see the improvement every round, or every month?)
This means that there are no set vote counts for each suggestion. The one exception to this is for round end music - the cost of adding each song is the same, so I generally look for 3+ votes on a song for it to be added.
Thanks!