I will not be resigning today.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
That’s only because I resigned on halloween. This is a decision that was hard to make but simply put, if the future for my mental, physical, and financial wellbeing was stable I wouldn’t have resigned.

I currently work at a KFC restaurant covering for what feels like half of the workers that place should have, these past two weeks have had my kfc see more firings and quitting than AHG. Combine that with that I work closing shift and they added hours onto my already lengthy shifts, suddenly I’m exhausted from the moment I get up to the moment i go back to bed.

To make matters worse, dealing with all of this has been hard, before my resignation it was simply a lot harder to sleep, I didn’t want to continue the cycle with no real break and I was staying up through nights until 4-5am playing minecraft/chatting in discord. To work 12 hours a day, eat, shit, play mc, sleep for 4-5 hours, and then to do it all over again, is easily one of the most mentally exhausting things I’ve had to deal with besides a couple other things that have happened….

Some may already know or picked up on this, but I used to have a girlfriend, and even performed the mythical act of… sex. In all seriousness though, I’ve known her for 8 years of my life, we had been best friends up until the middle of august, which is when two personal events happened between her in me resulting in a messy, confusing breakup. I’m not going to get into details, but its still entirely up in the air as to whether we may continue the relationship or not.

Yet another negative to this whole ordeal, between all of these things, is that I have had to be there for my father a lot over this past year. He lost his mother— my grandmother, someone very influential in helping me accept myself for who I am, and just a few months later in January, he lost his wife— my stepmom. These were two people that my father nor I were just not ready to lose so soon.

Honestly, all I want to do is just sit in my room and escape into AHG, TTT, or MC all day everyday… but I know that I can’t live like that anymore, and if I want to be able to take care of myself, make my family proud, take care of a relationship, I have to work, save, and find an easier career that might align with chilling at home on my pc instead of working hellish hours to sell fat people Colonel Sander’s juicy cock.

I hold nothing but great respect for Pierogi, J3K, Swiffe, Titan, Danstorm, Voca, Helix, Moleman…and lets be honest, pretty much the whole staff team. Asides from some low hours, the majority of the staff are from the community, for the community, they know how to have fun because they were here initially to have fun themselves, there’s nothing better than that when it comes to a game’s community and development.

Thank you, for coming to my TedTalk.

Attachments

• 4A9AFA79-B5D5-4586-85B0-7147EA6A6580.png
    4A9AFA79-B5D5-4586-85B0-7147EA6A6580.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 3

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
What, 12 hour KFC shifts and 5am Garry's Mod gaming sessions every night wasn't the life you had in mind? But fr though, gl with everything. Long work hours can be hell, and I'm sure the relationship issues aren't any better. I wish you the best and hope to see you back on the team at some point in the future :).

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
Is KFC good ? They finally opened a place in my country.
You can probably make better chicken with seasonings, flour, and frying it yourself, there are plenty of recipes for kfc copies that don't give you heart disease :yy: I know this bc I literally went home and made better chicken tenders than storebought after my first day as a cook.

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
AHG will never financially recover from this.

In a seriousness, do what you gotta do.

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
Goddamn dude- I hope that rollercoaster starts to go up for you soon. You were a really fun dude to be around, hope to see you around when things pick back up. Stay safe out there dude ✌️

Aidan

Expert Member
That’s only because I resigned on halloween. This is a decision that was hard to make but simply put, if the future for my mental, physical, and financial wellbeing was stable I wouldn’t have resigned.

I currently work at a KFC restaurant covering for what feels like half of the workers that place should have, these past two weeks have had my kfc see more firings and quitting than AHG. Combine that with that I work closing shift and they added hours onto my already lengthy shifts, suddenly I’m exhausted from the moment I get up to the moment i go back to bed.

To make matters worse, dealing with all of this has been hard, before my resignation it was simply a lot harder to sleep, I didn’t want to continue the cycle with no real break and I was staying up through nights until 4-5am playing minecraft/chatting in discord. To work 12 hours a day, eat, shit, play mc, sleep for 4-5 hours, and then to do it all over again, is easily one of the most mentally exhausting things I’ve had to deal with besides a couple other things that have happened….

Some may already know or picked up on this, but I used to have a girlfriend, and even performed the mythical act of… sex. In all seriousness though, I’ve known her for 8 years of my life, we had been best friends up until the middle of august, which is when two personal events happened between her in me resulting in a messy, confusing breakup. I’m not going to get into details, but its still entirely up in the air as to whether we may continue the relationship or not.

Yet another negative to this whole ordeal, between all of these things, is that I have had to be there for my father a lot over this past year. He lost his mother— my grandmother, someone very influential in helping me accept myself for who I am, and just a few months later in January, he lost his wife— my stepmom. These were two people that my father nor I were just not ready to lose so soon.

Honestly, all I want to do is just sit in my room and escape into AHG, TTT, or MC all day everyday… but I know that I can’t live like that anymore, and if I want to be able to take care of myself, make my family proud, take care of a relationship, I have to work, save, and find an easier career that might align with chilling at home on my pc instead of working hellish hours to sell fat people Colonel Sander’s juicy cock.

I hold nothing but great respect for Pierogi, J3K, Swiffe, Titan, Danstorm, Voca, Helix, Moleman…and lets be honest, pretty much the whole staff team. Asides from some low hours, the majority of the staff are from the community, for the community, they know how to have fun because they were here initially to have fun themselves, there’s nothing better than that when it comes to a game’s community and development.

Thank you, for coming to my TedTalk.
Hey, I really enjoyed chatting with you while playing TTT, and I really hope that you get everything together because I don't like seeing people feeling this way with their physical and mental health (it just isn't cool). I really hope to see you soon in this community and stay well out there alex. Good luck!

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
You’re someone I’ve wished I talked to a lot more especially before I resigned. Don’t be a stranger, and my DM’s are always open