Implemented Important - On Current Events

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
I'm not really sure where to put this - if a staff member feels it fits better in a different category, feel free to move it. This is one of the more important posts I've made.

As most of you know Russia has started an invasion on Ukraine. This is a horrific tragedy for the world, and terrifying news for world peace. Right now, people are terrified and don't feel safe doing many of the things we had before. These are different and scary times. Many corporations and governing bodies within the United States have started to ban Russian content, to help fight their influence and take away some of their power. I myself have removed anything I know, within my own life, to have any potential Russian connections - unfortunately this has meant AHG too. Even in the comfort of gaming on AHG - there is still a risk the player next to me is a Russian soldier actively committing war crimes. This is not a safe environment. Players should not have to worry about if the player next to them is a killer. It's terrifying and takes me, and others, out of the game. Think about it. If we aren't safe from Russia in our games - our entertainment - can we truly ever be safe?

I ask @Pierogi to stand with Ukraine, ban all Russian players, create a sort of system that instantly bans anyone who uses Russian. You are rewarding these killers by allowing them to play here, imagine a Russian soldier whose just committed horrible warcrimes coming home to play on your server, either to 'chill out' or even worse, spy on us. It's probably happening as I type this. You are enabling warmongers on the server and I will not stand for it. Be on the right side of history. Right now, the AHG staff team is helping Russia win this war.

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
Garry has already introduced higher prices for all facepunch services and games in russia, and all sales from these higher prices are going towards humanitarian charities in the Ukraine all on top of a base $500,000. So the services we use to run our servers are already being used to support the Ukraine before any individual actions AHG may take. Any money matters are the directors alone, and a decision as large as banning an entire nation of players would certainly be leadership, and while blanket action is unlikely I would like us to consider some form of support/fundraiser

burger king

Cheeseburger; No Pickle, Extra Mayo
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Putin if you are reading this I suggest you end this invasion. Your people will go mad without AHG and you’ll be responsible for the angry emotions of millions and millions of Russian citizens.

Nitro_Hunter

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Kill those fucking reds

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
We've removed all maps with Russian text on them and added the letter Z to the slurs list. Implemented.

Nitro_Hunter

Banned
VIP
Legacy