Pending Improving the radio meta

silent moe

Legacy
I think the radio would benefit from some minor but authentic changes.

As it stands the radio is used to play a selection of sounds used to trick players, but I think we can make it even more deadly.

If the radio could be used as a detective item, or even to create a false positive in the eyes of other players that would be amazing.

This is what I'm talking about:
Having the radio simulate the entirety of C4 sounds, as in playing a 20-30 second sound clip of a C4 being armed, and then beeping to the sound of explosions.

Having the radio simulate the sound of gunfire, then "HEADSHOT" or a player screaming.

Having the radio be used as a false radar icon for detectives (other traitors would know this)

Having the radio simulate the sound of Detective and T weapons (Gauss Rifle/Taser/Health station healing?)

(For Detective) Having the radio create a false C4 icon (on T screens) or tripwire mine to have a place for Detectives to take refuge safely in rooms and recuperate.

Having the radio send pre-written false messages in the chat to trick players such as a KOS remark or DNA here detective

Ideally having the radio as a trickster tool would be exceptional because as it stands it isn't worth a single credit, this way at least you can be more elaborate. Please feel free to expand on this.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Having the radio use a false radar icon would render the decoy useless. Otherwise i’m neutral on the rest. Part of the radio is that you make the sounds yourself. Switch from beeping to an explosion. Switch from gunfire to a deathcry

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Having the radio use a false radar icon would render the decoy useless. Otherwise i’m neutral on the rest. Part of the radio is that you make the sounds yourself. Switch from beeping to an explosion. Switch from gunfire to a deathcry
I posted a similar suggestion to this on SGM, one of my ideas I didn't include was just to combine the items. Decoys are only used by dumb cowards and radios are only used by schizophrenics so I feel like combining them would give them good utility

Also, besides the addition of new sounds like Jihad/gauss sounds etc, being able to set a c4 sound for a period of time rather than spam clicking, another possible route for the radio would be to disorient, maybe by adding extremely loud sounds or something that'll tweak everyone out

silent moe

Legacy
That's actually a fair point. The thing is though for a credit point the radio should do more than it does. Luring people into a room is all well and good but what about when they're in it? Why should I spend a point on a radio and tripmine when I can buy a tripmine and a radar then shoot someone to lure them in?
I posted a similar suggestion to this on SGM, one of my ideas I didn't include was just to combine the items. Decoys are only used by dumb cowards and radios are only used by schizophrenics so I feel like combining them would give them good utility

Also, besides the addition of new sounds like Jihad/gauss sounds etc, being able to set a c4 sound for a period of time rather than spam clicking, another possible route for the radio would be to disorient, maybe by adding extremely loud sounds or something that'll tweak everyone out
I think this would be good. Even having the radio explode would be even funnier.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
How to effectively use the radio:
Step 1) Buy it
Step 2) Open the T-pit on motel
Step 3) Drop the radio
Step 4) Use magneto stick
Step 5) Push people in using the radio