Implemented Increase Map Rotation Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Supporter
Suggestion: Increase map cooldown before it can be played again to like 7-8 other maps played first (Edit: OR Director/Admin discretion for determining whats best for server population), OR add a map cooldown if this doesn't even exist.

As it stands now, we have kind of rotation we do on the server that happens, and usually if we get Portals/Miami/CommunityPool/Bowling, those maps will seem to always get picked over maps that haven't been played much. (I don't have any numbers to back this up, but it certainly feels like it)

Now I understand some of the maps we have aren't popular because they aren't the best, but playing the same 4-5 maps over and over on repeat gets old as well, just something to help break that up more would be nice.

Edited the initial suggestion for map cooldown to allow admin/directors to determine cooldown if implemented.

Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I understand that playing the same maps does get boring. However, I've also found that the maps that don't get played also kill population to the point where if a certain map gets picked 5 people will leave just because it got picked. Also, some maps are not getting picked because they can get boring because they might be too big so when it comes down to the last 2-4 people it takes forever. However I agree we should make a cooldown, maybe we should get rid of all the unlike maps and then put a cooldown on the ones that remain. Im just a vanilla lead though

• Informative
Reactions: Max

Max

Supporter
A 7-8 map cooldown seems excessive. I'd be down for a 2-3 or even 4 map cooldown.

I was kind of shooting high assuming we even had a map cooldown system and it felt like it needed to be increased, I'm more than happy to let the directors/admins determine a map cooldown limit to best help keep the population on the servers so variety is kept but we aren't just looping between the most popular maps back to back. I've changed the initial suggestion to add this option in.

We also need to purge bad maps and get some new ones in, but that's another issue altogether.

Last edited:

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
A 3-4 map cooldown sounds the most ideal in my opinion. I'd like to see it higher but I understand the need to have a low map cooldown since people love to bitch when we end up on a map they dislike (like, you still care what map we play on after all this time?).

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
A 3-4 map cooldown sounds the most ideal in my opinion. I'd like to see it higher but I understand the need to have a low map cooldown since people love to bitch when we end up on a map they dislike (like, you still care what map we play on after all this time?).
It's currently 5 rounds.

Max

Supporter
It's currently 5 rounds.

With this in mind then, we still end up rotating between these maps very often. Is there anything specific about maps that you need to do/know before you can implement them? Obviously the community votes on them, but is there anything more you'd like to see/tested before implementation?

I just downloaded like, 135 maps cause I Was curious to see what was out there, but if I go through them, would be nice to know if there's anything specific you would need to know about maps that would prevent adding them in the future.

shia laboofer

VIP
Legacy
What about a map vote of only 6 maps? Better chance at a less played map imo. With 9, you typically get like 2 "popular" maps that everyone votes for. If you were trying to vote for a less popular, you're then usually forced to jump into either one of the two maps that you prefer.
That- or make it so you can't change votes. By the end of voting, there's usually only 2 or 3 maps that actually have votes.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Implemented, it's now 8 maps before you can see the same map again.

Status
Not open for further replies.