Indecisive ass hoe

Klutch

always down horrifically bad
Legacy
yo

I got some bank for my bday/Christmas/selling shit, and I’m indecisive on what to use it on.. I could either put about $550 into upgrading my PC, I’m severely bottlenecked by my CPU, and if I upgraded I’d need to get a new CPU, mobo, and ram, OR I can buy a steam deck for $650.

I’ve had the internal debate with myself on how much use I’d get out of either, and the answer is, if I put the money into it, I will get my money’s worth regardless.

With either decision, they have about the same longevity, I see myself not needing to upgrade my PC if I upgrade it for about 5-6 more years (with the exception of some small things here and there), and I think the steam deck will probably be able to run most games that come out for that same amount of time.

Where the decision gets even trickier on my part is that I’m likely going to be doing a lot of travel soon, so having a new handheld that isn’t a Switch and can actually run new games would be nice for that… but if I don’t upgrade my PC I likely won’t be able to run stuff that well within the next year or so.

Idk man sorry for the ramble, I’m just looking for input from this gaggle of gamers. If anyone has a steam deck here I’d be interested in seeing what you think of it and if you deem it worth the heavy price point (I know the reviews are amazing but I’d rather see what people in a community I know have to say about it).

thanks yo

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
Only question from me is would you really use the steamdeck enough. Ask some people who have them, like Helix I think

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
8bit uses his steam deck to staff sometimes. Lunatic.

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
8bit uses his steam deck to staff sometimes. Lunatic.
It's so tiring to get out of bed.

Only question from me is would you really use the steamdeck enough. Ask some people who have them, like Helix I think
But yeah, if you have any questions about the Steam Deck, you can also hit me up.

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
Since you already have a switch it seems redundant to get a steamdeck. I would upgrade my pc with that money, but that’s just me.