Is bunnyhopping fair?

metallia appericator

Supporter
Just a little debate, guaranteed to cause flame wars; but why dont we give it a try

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
anybody can do it, why shouldn't it be fair? it has the advantage of getting out of sketch situations, but comes with the disadvantage that you can't aim/shoot/kill while doing it since you need to cap your fps.

metallia appericator

Supporter
anybody can do it, why shouldn't it be fair? it has the advantage of getting out of sketch situations, but comes with the disadvantage that you can't aim/shoot/kill while doing it since you need to cap your fps.
i find the fps cap part somewhat interesting, somehow

tz-

VIP
Legacy
its a movement technique openly accessible to all whats not fair about it? the fact that some people dont know how to do it?

interloper

VIP
eh i think its fine just aim, besides it only really gets annoying if its like a super open map i.e rats

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
It’s like saying driving a car isn’t fair because it got you to your location faster just because you don’t know how to drive a car

Kythol

mama's moppings this pizza's got toppings
Prestigious
Legacy
yes, it's fair

takes a good bit for them to get up to speed, if they fuck up or someone breathes in their general direction, all their speed is killed

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
yes, it's fair

takes a good bit for them to get up to speed, if they fuck up or someone breathes in their general direction, all their speed is killed
Makes me wana RDM someone when they jump in front/get in my way and ruin my bhop

metallia appericator

Supporter

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Bhopping without capping your fps is fair. With capping your fps it's abusing a game mechanic👾

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
I think there is a fine line between it being a fair thing to do, and a dick thing to do.

Its fair that people use the skills they have trained for, we cant really tell em not to use those skills, it would be the same as telling people to not use any other skills for TTT that thry learned.

But is it a Dick-ish way to play? Most certainly, make yourself hard to hit, can easily delay the round by hopping around while the Ts cant catch up etc. Its not fun at all to play against, but it is fair play

Ted

The cuddly bear
Prestigious
The better question is, Will they report if you try to shoot them?
- If no
practicing on a fast moving target is always better then hitting those flowerpots to test your accuracy ;)

- If yes
Say they moved in front of you and your wallshot

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
wait you mean the bhopping game mechanic that basically has been known about since 1998, with readily available resources, servers for beginners to learn how to bhop, and how people across multiple games in different genres play their games only just to bhop, is an UNFAIR advantage? Well, I didn't know this, I can't believe these freakin exploiters!