Pending Jihad Jamboree

Max

Supporter
Fun round would be fast, but could be fun.

Everyone spawns with a Jihad, if you kill someone you respawn with another jihad until everyone's dead or the end of the round.

Dunno how viable it would be, but could be fun.

metallia appericator

Supporter
Crazy but awesome

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
I would hesitate at one, too easy to get one kill, two maybe just to make sure jihads are used effectively and the round is a whittling down one by one

• Useful
Reactions: Max

Max

Supporter
I would hesitate at one, too easy to get one kill, two maybe just to make sure jihads are used effectively and the round is a whittling down one by one

I mean, in the end it would be up to the devs how they want to tweak/balance it/make it work if it was accepted, I was mostly throwing out an initial Idea. Im not against having to get multi-kills to get the respawn or other restrictions for it to keep going. I don't know if it's even possible to respawn after blowing up in a TTT round and not throw off how TTT works in general. Im not looking to like take charge and be like 'NO, MY IDEA THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE' but more of a 'hey, this sounds like it could be a fun chaotic mess for a fun round, I'll let the devs worry about the details if its accepted'.

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
I can imagine this being fun, but at the same I can imagine people that are going to camp to be last alive to jihad last etc.

So additionally you could add a bit of strategic chaos by giving players a secondary malfunction pistol that can force trigger other players into Jihading.

Reactions: Max

green county health dept

Legacy
I can imagine this being fun, but at the same I can imagine people that are going to camp to be last alive to jihad last etc.

So additionally you could add a bit of strategic chaos by giving players a secondary malfunction pistol that can force trigger other players into Jihading.
What does that do counter camping? If anything, it further enables long range haha funny pistol make other player go boom camping

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I think a timer that makes you jihad automatically if you havent jihaded in 30 seconds or something would better counter camping

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
What does that do counter camping? If anything, it further enables long range haha funny pistol make other player go boom camping
Now the only thing that could truely counter Camping was putting it as a funround rule that camping isnt allowed.
The idea with the malfunction pistol, wasnt to truely counter, but make it easier to get rid of the people camping, furthermore it was with the purpose of being able to trigger other players into Jihading nothing

green county health dept

Legacy
I still don’t get how it counters camping, just enables a different variety of camping that would be more annoying in tandem with choke point drop on your ass camping

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
Just put it down as a valid strategy... Sometimes people hide in deathmatch to try and be the last alive anyway.. this wouldn't be that much different.

If people are constantly hiding so much that it's delaying the fun round each time. .. than some sort of counter can be thought off..

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
You could add some rng into the mix and increase it for those that camp. Make it so at any given time you have a 1/100-1/1000 chance per second for your Jihad to trigger. Then you would want to stay somewhat near people because if you weren't and you didn't surpass the kill threshold, you're just going to detonate and then you're out.

You could make it so that it had tiers (assuming GMod is capable of location tracking like this). You could have it so that if a player doesn't move at all, his chances go up drastically to trigger (2x-10x or something). A player who does move, but doesn't move within a ~5m area over a period of time like <5 seconds has his chances go up by 1.5x-5x, and a player who does move but doesn't move further than 15m over a period of time greater than the previous, has their chances go up by 1.25x-2.5x. These are all just example numbers that would probably need some work to balance.

You'd be encouraged to stay moving, and one of the best ways to keep moving would be to continue to target people. It would give a default disadvantage from trying to isolate yourself. This is similar to bomb rush where if you stay hidden from others, you're most likely going to get a bomb even if you're not given one, so if you want any luck at winning you'd have to stay within reaching distance.

Idk tired and spitballing here.