Banned
Your IGN
Kaiwan​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:153598815​
Server
TTT Modded​
Why you should be unbanned
I was banned from the TTT server for 14 days because I said "I sure do hate the gays." when I joined the server and another player jokingly called me a homophobe. I didn't start the joke, I didn't make the comment out of nowhere, and I made the sarcasm pretty evident when I did say it. It was clear to everyone that it was just a quick bit of banter and then we moved on and played the game. Nowhere can I find a rule actually forbidding this behavior. The closest I can find are the following;​
~​
Community Rules - Prohibited Actions​
6) Slurs are not welcome in this community. Any attempt to loophole slurs may also result in punishment.​
9) Harassment of other users - this includes name-calling or shaming of another user.​
TTT Extended Rules - 2. SPAM, HARASSMENT, and FALSE REPORTING
3. Simply "feeling offended" does not guarantee punishment when it comes to harassment.​
EXAMPLES OF HARASSMENT:
- Targeted racial or group based slurs.​
~​
I didn't use any slurs, nor was I referring to any specific players.​

Last edited:

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
tagging @helix, since he was the one who banned you

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Your IGN
Kaiwan​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:153598815​
Server
TTT Modded​
Why you should be unbanned
I already know this appeal will be denied, since the person who banned me has shown a clear bias towards me since I started playing on the server a few days ago. Essentially this appeal will serve as more evidence of that.​
I was banned from the TTT server for 14 days because I said "I sure do hate the gays." when I joined the server and another player jokingly called me a homophobe. I didn't start the joke, I didn't make the comment out of nowhere, and I made the sarcasm pretty evident when I did say it. It was clear to everyone that it was just a quick bit of banter and then we moved on and played the game. I know I am not the only one who makes these jokes, as JynxtheMynx has even defended me when I was warned for making jokes in the Discord, stating that they also joke about the topic but have never gotten in trouble for it. Besides that, nowhere can I find a rule actually forbidding this behavior. The closest I can find are the following;​
~​
Community Rules - Prohibited Actions​
6) Slurs are not welcome in this community. Any attempt to loophole slurs may also result in punishment.​
9) Harassment of other users - this includes name-calling or shaming of another user.​
TTT Extended Rules - 2. SPAM, HARASSMENT, and FALSE REPORTING
3. Simply "feeling offended" does not guarantee punishment when it comes to harassment.​
EXAMPLES OF HARASSMENT:
- Targeted racial or group based slurs.​
~​
I didn't use any slurs, nor was I referring to any specific players.​
I am aware that this could be considered similar behavior to what I was banned from the Discord for, but in that instance the reasoning for the ban was attributed to Discord TOS, which is clearly not a factor on a GMod server.​
The staff member who banned me has made it clear since I joined the community that they dislike me, and they have let this affect their behavior towards me. They will flame me and try to start arguments about disagreements we've had, and even killed me as a spectator for KOSing them after I IDed one of their victims whose last words were calling them out as a Traitor, attempting to claim I was targeting them as an excuse for it.​
It's incredibly immature behavior and not something I would have expected given their rank.​
I was willing to serve out my ban in the Discord because I could at least understand some of their reasoning behind it, even if it felt like there was bias behind it, and because I knew I could still interact with the friends I have made so far by playing on the TTT server with them. The fact that my behavior is being policed so closely that any action I take will be called into question by this staff member is distressing.​
I was a moderator on Skyz TTT, alongside community members Lightning and Bonks. I have known them, as well as JynxtheMynx for YEARS. I was excited to be able to reconnect with them when I saw them on After Hours Gaming, but now it feels as if I cannot even mess around with them or the people I have already become friends with in my short time here thus far, without fear of being punished for the tiniest things.​
It's clear that I am not some kind of troll or random player that just wants to cause trouble, I want to play on the server and I enjoy my time there.​
I know that won't matter, and I will still have to fight tooth and nail just to play here. As disappointing as that is, I won't let it stop me.​

I can address the ban when I'm not busy but...

I'm confused. Literally the only thing I've ever said to you is ask what you did for a living. Are you confused?

KaiwanHaaztre

Banned
I can address the ban when I'm not busy but...

I'm confused. Literally the only thing I've ever said to you is ask what you did for a living. Are you confused?
Apparently I am. I thought Pierogi banned me.
I edited the appeal. Sorry, I guess my brain just malfunctioned pretty hard.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Alrighty. So it seems like you're already aware of what you were banned for, here is the saying in question:

Given the context of your Discord ban I checked with a higher-up for discretion to issue a ban, and here we are. You did cite the correct rule- by arguing that you didn't target a specific player is just being pedantic and litigious. The spirit of the rule is still there and we don't allow blanket statements of hate against an identity that a good portion of our community identifies with. I do understand that you feel like that you were tricked in to saying it- however, if we went by that standard @H3ll4Flush would be throwing the n-word around on our servers every day. It's only you that are responsible for your own actions.

Given that this happened immediately after the Discord ban, I'm going to go ahead and deny this appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.