Legacy
Your IGN
[MZK]Lightning​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:32685044​
Server
TTT Modded​
Why you should be unbanned
To be quite honest, I probably shouldn't be unbanned at all. I am guilty of Ghosting 1st as charged by @helix, but am going to throw myself "at the mercy of the court" and hope for a reduction of my ban.

THE FACTS

The History:
As staff will know, less than a week before my ban, I was issued a written warning for Ghosting by @Pierogi for accidentally ghosting through the Discord voice chat during a round on the map 67th way. This occurred because I had forgotten that I was still on the Discord server, and wanted to warn my traitor buddies in T voice chat in-game that I was going to try and trap people in the underground water trap.

The Incident:
On the morning of the 4th, I was playing on the modded server on the map Crackhouse, when all of a sudden I got KOS'd by @Helix. This led to me being killed by @Ashes Relandi. For reasons that I will cover later on in this appeal, I sent Ashes a message informing him that he shouldn't trust Helix's KOSes on me because he has a history of calling false KOSes on me. This was sent when both Helix and Ashes were both still presumably alive, and I was definitely dead.

The Aftermath:
After sending that message, I discontinued to play for several moments until disconnecting from the server to go do some web surfing. I then opened up discord to discover a message from Helix saying that I'd put him in a really tight spot, especially given my previous written warning for ghosting mentioned above. I then replied to him that I had ghosted and was guilty of such. Helix then globally banned me for Ghosting 1st, before being corrected, and changing the ban to a local ban. (with some fuckery ensuing with the AHG ban system applying my ban as global anyways)

THE REALIZATION (aka "Why did this happen?")

As noted in my messages with helix after the incident happened, I had let my emotions get the better of me, and had "said something I definitely shouldn't have" to Ashes.

This had happened because the manner in which I'd died on Crackhouse was similar to another incident that happened about a month or so earlier between Helix and I while we were playing on the map Kakariko in which Helix had false kos'd me several rounds in a row as a T, leading to me dying all of said rounds, and rage-quitting from the server because I felt like I was being "picked on" at the time.

I guess that this new false KOS by Helix dug up the bad memories of the Kakariko incident, and I ghosted in a blind rage in response to the similarities of the 2 events.

GOING FORWARD

I will definitely have to be more careful about situations that could lead to any inklings of ghosting. I will most likely have to absolutely refrain from being on the Discord at the same time as playing TTT. I will also have to be very aware of anything sent through the !psay command, and have to go over any messages sent while I'm dead and the intended recipient is alive to make sure that there are no contexts that can lead to another Ghosting accusation.

THE APOLOGY

I would like to say that I'm very sorry to 3 people:

1. Pierogi - For not taking the written warning that I received to heart, and causing his staff further trouble for it.

2. Ashes Relandi - For interfering in his enjoyment of the game at the time of my ghosted message, and for any time that he was inconvenienced afterward for having to deal with the aftermath.

3. Helix - For ghosting against probably 1 of my biggest 3 proponents on the Staff team. I ruined your T round, and then caused you further inconveinence for not responding to your Discord hails. Also, for having to deal with not only doling out my ban, which wouldn't have happened if I'd checked myself before literally wrecking myself, but also for having to deal with the ban after the AHG system went all knight errant on me.

THE CONCLUSION

As stated above, this incident was entirely my fault, led to several people being inconvenienced, and had led to great personal shame.

I can only hope that Pierogi, Ashes, and Helix can forgive me for this whole debacle, and that the latter can cee a reason to reduce my ban even if its by the tiniest amount.​

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
To save the staff the trouble:

@Pierogi because he gave me the original written warning for Ghosting.
@Ashes Relandi as the main witness to my Ghosting offense
@helix as the person who issued my ban

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
#IStandWithLightning.

Approved. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but be more careful in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.