Lost Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy

Top 3 SGM map rite here... some of the funniest T traps and AFKs die automatically...

I don't think this map causes true delay, sometimes the last 2 players will have to find each other, but on this map the last two to live are usually more experienced and not the type to wait for the timer to go out through inaction. Trying to find and kill the last person isn't delaying. I don't think most maps can cause delay, rather players themselves through inaction, and the type of player to be too scared to act as traitor is also the type to die earlier on this map from clumsiness.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
It may just be me but I don't feel like the ramp is as lethal as some make it out to be, usually as long as you don't press W (or w/e movement key is in the direction of the slide) you won't go Warp 9 into the ground and become Terrorist paste. Auto-Killing the AFKs is really nice.

With just a little experience the map can start to be really enjoyable and can be very fun, especially as a traitor. On the other hand, I don't think it's a map that should be taken seriously, it's best when fucking around and trolling with props.

+1

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
Lost temple is great. If you get back to your computer a little too late after the round restarts, you die. If you decide to try to avoid dying by going down the ramp, sometimes you just randomly die. Sometimes you go down the ramp after someone else, they get somewhat stuck, and you goomba stomp them. Other times you go down the ramp and get so badly damaged you are 1 tap with a crowbar. The whole map is so spread out with so many nooks and crannies that Traitors win 9/10 times. When traitors don't win either they screwed up majorly, the map decided to smite them on the way down the ramp, or they were rdmed possibly while going down the ramp. This map is so on rails it may as well be scripted. Spawn. Go down ramp. Either die immediately or walk down a hallway and get got. 6 rounds in a row. Oh and what if you decide you want to try and save the afk from the map suffocating them in spawn? Maybe there's a detective that said he would be right back, or you want his dna scanner to come down. What about trying to rescue your T buddy? What should you do? Crowbar push them in the hole? Well if they take damage because the ramp is stupid and randomly damages people, congratulations you have committed RDM and you can be slain for it. I remember back in the day seeing people get slain for that, and the mods suggesting never pushing afks in the hole. So dumb.

I mean the map has original features. Neat, you can throw bodies in a pit and there's a traitor victory? But, I'd rather make the bodies into bread or something. Easter eggs? 5/10. Music? 0/10. Map design? -10/10, its literally malicious by design. Lighting? Just the perfect level where its not dark enough to be comfortable and not light enough to be comfortable.

I really don't understand why people like this map. You are forced to go through one choke point with no other options and it can kill you. Every single part of this map is unforgiving and it really doesn't have any redeeming features other than maybe some of the people on here having nostalgia for it after playing it from so long ago.

If I could downvote this twice and never play Lost Temple again, I would.
Idk I feel like if u carefully go down the ramp u won’t get hurt u just have to git gud.

We could also adjust the spawn point to the room below because up top is useless anyways.

I see a large amount of “OMG WE NEED THIS MAP” from people who only vote dolls and motel anyways, but thats besides the point. if everyone who +1’s this map actually votes for it then im 100% on board because this map is poggers

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Lost temple is great. If you get back to your computer a little too late after the round restarts, you die. If you decide to try to avoid dying by going down the ramp, sometimes you just randomly die. Sometimes you go down the ramp after someone else, they get somewhat stuck, and you goomba stomp them. Other times you go down the ramp and get so badly damaged you are 1 tap with a crowbar. The whole map is so spread out with so many nooks and crannies that Traitors win 9/10 times. When traitors don't win either they screwed up majorly, the map decided to smite them on the way down the ramp, or they were rdmed possibly while going down the ramp. This map is so on rails it may as well be scripted. Spawn. Go down ramp. Either die immediately or walk down a hallway and get got. 6 rounds in a row. Oh and what if you decide you want to try and save the afk from the map suffocating them in spawn? Maybe there's a detective that said he would be right back, or you want his dna scanner to come down. What about trying to rescue your T buddy? What should you do? Crowbar push them in the hole? Well if they take damage because the ramp is stupid and randomly damages people, congratulations you have committed RDM and you can be slain for it. I remember back in the day seeing people get slain for that, and the mods suggesting never pushing afks in the hole. So dumb.

I mean the map has original features. Neat, you can throw bodies in a pit and there's a traitor victory? But, I'd rather make the bodies into bread or something. Easter eggs? 5/10. Music? 0/10. Map design? -10/10, its literally malicious by design. Lighting? Just the perfect level where its not dark enough to be comfortable and not light enough to be comfortable.

I really don't understand why people like this map. You are forced to go through one choke point with no other options and it can kill you. Every single part of this map is unforgiving and it really doesn't have any redeeming features other than maybe some of the people on here having nostalgia for it after playing it from so long ago.

If I could downvote this twice and never play Lost Temple again, I would.
If you walk the other way it slows your slide (holding s while looking forward), making it so you don't get fast enough to goomba the person below you or instantly round-start yourself. As for saving AFK T buddies, I'd rather have my T buddy killed automatically than have to wait for the single AFK T buddy to act. If a player is going to be AFK for 4 minutes or so, an innocent will kill them eventually, there's no point to move an AFK from one spot to the other just for them to continue to AFK and die. You could miss out on some credits by not saving them sure, but if you really need them honestly at that point kill the AFK T buddies as soon as you start taking damage and take their credits. In a normal game the AFK T buddies will die regardless, they deserve to if they're not going to play.

What I like about this map is the uniqueness the gameplay has, having to split into 3 different paths means you usually stick with small groups which feels rare, most maps you're running in circles waiting for someone to shoot. I like that you do feel like you're exploring to a degree instead of just doing the same circle over and over and over again. The T traps are creative and people give some funny reactions. Honestly waiting for someone to do the easter egg sucks if you've seen it and just want to play but I don't know or care if you'd be able to do it with the new shorter time limit. I honestly don't mind seeing a slower 1v1 because the 1v1s on this map are quality

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
Idk I feel like if u carefully go down the ramp u won’t get hurt u just have to git gud.

We could also adjust the spawn point to the room below because up top is useless anyways.

I see a large amount of “OMG WE NEED THIS MAP” from people who only vote dolls and motel anyways, but thats besides the point. if everyone who +1’s this map actually votes for it then im 100% on board because this map is poggers
I definitely agree with your last sentence. But I also like to vote dolls and motel out of spite for everyone else, so I'm not sure how many people fall into that category of malice.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
it's literally so easy to not die on the ramp. people who die on the ramp should probably just play vanilla; it seems more their speed.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
Map is good. All the reasons people dislike this map above can be fixed by simply getting gud.

Going down the ramp too fast and die? Don't be stupid and hold down W the whole way then? Duh. Get gud gamer.

In other words, I think a lot of the vocally negative minority of bad players are just simply nitpicking and biased against Lost Temple.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
This map has a lot of opportunity for good gameplay and I think a lot of people would be happy to see it added. Bump I guess lol

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
Reason why I think this map didn't get played much on SGM was due to other top tier maps always available to play too. People just really love playing dolls, motel, nuketown, island, and I'm probably forgetting others.

I think Temple would get more playtime on AHG until more of the top tier maps are added bc, now in my own opinion, I'm going to choose Temple every time over the current nuketown map and the Legend of Zelda map.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Reason why I think this map didn't get played much on SGM was due to other top tier maps always available to play too. People just really love playing dolls, motel, nuketown, island, and I'm probably forgetting others.

I think Temple would get more playtime on AHG until more of the top tier maps are added bc, now in my own opinion, I'm going to choose Temple every time over the current nuketown map and the Legend of Zelda map.
Those maps get so repetitive, it's nice to have something different for a change like lost temple. I honestly think there should be a map rotation or some sort of system to combat repetitive maps but that's for a different suggestion thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.