Rejected Make Boogie Bomb a Detective Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenArctic

VIP
Supporter
As a funny april fools joke the Boogie Bomb was added. It was kept a bit too long, while it was nerfed a little bit ago I think it still needs to be changed. Most agree that it is still overpowered that anybody can use it. I think that it should become a detective weapon. Increase the range by a little bit and it would be a solid option. Basically just an AOE taser, just without the immobility the taser has. It's good crowd control and a great de-escalation item. There aren't enough detective utilities, and this would be a solid option.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I actually think the boogie bomb is a good thing for innos to have. I've found myself boogie bombing people who killed someone instead of straight up killing them, so that I can ID the body and assess the situation. They're only a nuisance when you're getting randomly boogied, in which case, !report is there for you.

Last edited:

Nuclear Onion

Supporter
Legacy
Once they made it so you can move while being boogied, it became pretty balanced considering it's not an easy headshot anymore. Plus since it's pretty easy to miss, you really would just waste a credit when many other items are permanent.

Aidan

Expert Member
I like the boogie bomb but I think it would just be a waste of credits and nobody would actually buy it after a while.

Sam The Fluffy One

Banned
VIP
Supporter
It needs to be outright removed it's unfun and turns most T rounds into:
1: Find Boogie Bomb
2: Throw and stun someone
3: Free kill
This is very boring and a lot of times I've started tossing them away just so I have to force myself work for kills

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I had the same thought when the boogie bomb original came out and made a post about it, since it's nerf I think it's perfect like interloper said the range on it sucks you basically have to directly hit someone to actually make the boogie. The only time I have had an issue with it is when I get boogied every 5 seconds but that doesn't really happen much and when it does its pretty funny

Status
Not open for further replies.