Rejected Make crossfire applicable to props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
Prop killing is a valid form of killing traitorous players.

Therefore, when someone walks in between you and said traitorous player, it shouldn’t matter whether or not you were using a deagle/python or a magneto stick, one shot kills via crossfire happen all the time.

This will require the same as any other crossfire kill, a clear, valid target, and deathscene review to verify that the prop was flicked towards said valid target and not just blatantly at another unrelated player away from the traitorous target.

You could make it a 20-30 degree angle directed at the target, of acceptable crossfire, and anything outside of the angle is invalid and therefore treated as RDM.

I just feel that prop killing legitimately should be recognized as a valid way of playing detective, innocent, and even traitor, rather than just a minigame of rdm, as the fact that crossfire happens with both props and guns, it puts legitimate prop wielding TTT players at an inherent disadvantage, and will negatively reinforce them to only really participate in aforementioned volatile rdm minigames.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Remember kids, don’t drink and annocent; prop kill responsibly.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Max

Supporter
I just feel that prop killing legitimately should be recognized as a valid way of playing detective, innocent, and even traitor, rather than just a minigame of rdm,

You want to legitimize prop killing when you've admitted that it's a mini-game of RDM.

No.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
You want to legitimize prop killing when you've admitted that it's a mini-game of RDM.

No.
You do realize if people can actually use prop killing legitimately and not be inherently punished for it, they would stop just propkilling each other as much and actually play the game?

Max

Supporter
You do realize if people can actually use prop killing legitimately and not be inherently punished for it, they would stop just propkilling each other as much and actually play the game?
You can already prop kill legitimately. It doesn't mean you're free from consequences. You get one chance with a prop-throw to kill someone rather than multiple shots from cross-fire.

Also: saying that if you let people do a thing legally, its gonna mean more people won't do it. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Prop-Throwers are going to prop-throw and bitch when they get killed for killing other people.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
You can already prop kill legitimately. It doesn't mean you're free from consequences.

Prop-Throwers are going to prop-throw and bitch when they get killed for killing other people.
Read the part where I said there has to be a clear target with valid reason to kill, and that regardless of whether or not its a deagle or barrel, people get oneshot via crossfire all the time.

Just because im saying crossfire should be applicable to propkills doesn’t mean im saying rdm should be allowed. RDM will still apply to an RDM, I just want crossfire to apply to what is blatant crossfire.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
Lemme tell you a story.

You use gun, it is your thing, you take gun, kill traitors with it. One round, someone walks between your gun, and the traitor. They report you, and you get slain. This happens whenever you go shoot gun at traitors. However, there is a group of other gun users that seemingly mass rdm each other every round, and never report each other.

So you think, either you shoot gun at them in the mass rdm clusterfuck, or, worst case scenario, you find different server with better rules for your gun usage.

Replace gun with prop, and shoot with flick.

Crossfire should make applicable rdm reports against responsible prop wielding players INVALID so they are not punished for not RDMing.

Or, we can leave it how it is, and the mass prop killings will continue.

The choice is yours, do responsible players deserve recognition? Or do you think they should be lumped in with RDMers because of a rule that punishes them for trying to play the game correctly with their choice of weapon?

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
pretty sure barrel gun falls under crossfire rule as well, I don't see how this would differ from using a magneto stick. +1

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
You can already prop kill legitimately. It doesn't mean you're free from consequences. You get one chance with a prop-throw to kill someone rather than multiple shots from cross-fire.

Also: saying that if you let people do a thing legally, its gonna mean more people won't do it. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Prop-Throwers are going to prop-throw and bitch when they get killed for killing other people.
It's pretty easy to differentiate who's prop killing for fun and who's prop killing to kill a traitor in the process of killing someone, death-scenes exist.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
props are unpredictable, have far wider lethal areas, and are statistically far more likely to errant than a deagle bullet. consequently far more likely to and you take that risk when using them.

Guns are controlled, props aren't. I don't think we should start rewarding people missing with their props. Git gud.

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
props are unpredictable, have far wider lethal areas, and are statistically far more likely to errant than a deagle bullet. consequently far more likely to and you take that risk when using them.

Guns are controlled, props aren't. I don't think we should start rewarding people missing with their props. Git gud.
if they blatantly miss the traitor then it wouldn't fall under crossfire, same thing with guns

Titan

Administrator
VIP
Legacy
if they blatantly miss the traitor then it wouldn't fall under crossfire, same thing with guns
if you are a player and you have a target, objectively your accuracy is exponentially lower with a barrel than a gun. this is the risk you take when prop killing as opposed to playing the game normally.

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
if you are a player and you have a target, objectively your accuracy is exponentially lower with a barrel than a gun. this is the risk you take when prop killing as opposed to playing the game normally.
but if my accuracy is god-tier and some dummy walks in my way then that's on them....

Titan

Administrator
VIP
Legacy
but if my accuracy is god-tier and some dummy walks in my way then that's on them....
your accuracy is objectively not god tier, and if you're here advocating for compensation if you miss your prop, you're accuracy is probably subjectively not god-tier either.

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
your accuracy is objectively not god tier, and if you're here advocating for compensation if you miss your prop, you're accuracy is probably subjectively not god-tier either.
i strongly disagree, my accuracy shadows pierogi's. Secondly, I'm advocating that if u blatantly miss ur prop, ur subject to a slay, if you hit your target but removed an innocent in the process, that should fall under crossfire, as it does with the barrel gun.

Titan

Administrator
VIP
Legacy
i strongly disagree, my accuracy shadows pierogi's. Secondly, I'm advocating that if u blatantly miss ur prop, ur subject to a slay, if you hit your target but removed an innocent in the process, that should fall under crossfire, as it does with the barrel gun.
try and hit a target ten times from a meter away in game with a prop.

then try again from 5m

then again from 10m

then 15m

then do the same with a gun, and compare your results. your accuracy is objectively worse.

the crux here, chewie, is that throwing a prop is objectively a less controlled scenario than shooting, even with a barrel gun. the accuracy is definitely not guaranteed, and is quite unpredictable. you have to look away from your target and flick back to even prop kill to begin with. not to mention comparing to a barrel gun would only work as a comparison if everyone, regardless of role or skill, was equipped with worse barrel guns that never run out of ammo. do you see how many variables there are that affect this?

how many times have you seen barrel gun crossfire RDM versus thrown barrel crossfire RDM?

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
-rep props can be huge and are just completely unpredictable (if you have 100 ping props just fly out of your hands at people when holding w and do other random shit) I'm ok with every valid kill playstyle but honestly the crossfire rule can stay the same with props. If you don't wanna be slain for crossfire just use a gun

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I'm going to reject this suggestion for two reasons:
  1. Even for the best prop killers, it's easier to miss and kill a person with a prop than with a gun.
  2. I believe that allowing people to get away with prop crossfire would lead to players attempting prop kills that are more aggressive than their ability allows, resulting in a greater amount of collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.