Rejected Make crossfire apply to props

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhazhBash

Legacy
@Moleman said he would +1 this and I'm holding him to it

Propkilling is fun, and it's a viable strategy for traitors. Barrels are one shot weapons that don't leave DNA, and a lot of people won't even care if a traitor propkills an inno in front of them. It's one of the easiest kinds of kills to get away with, and it shouldn't be frowned upon. A traitor won't be slain if their T buddy walks into their bullets, so they shouldn't be slain if their T buddy walks into their barrel.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
+1. If you get in the way of a barrel its natural selection. The gene pool gets more resilient to prop-based attacks

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
I would say props are more of an AOE-type weapon than a precise one, and that's where my concern lies; killing with a gun and killing with a prop are not the same. With a gun, you can shoot bullets which go wherever you're aiming your crosshair-- it's accurate. With a prop, however, you're merely flinging it in the general direction of your target, thus making surrounding players much more susceptible to crossfire.

The only solution I can think of at the moment would be to require players to warn when they are going to throw a prop, but then, I would think the voice chat would be people warning each other all the time.

Imma have to -1 unless someone can provide a convincing counterargument.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I am going to have to agree with pokeben here - there are too many variables with this along with the potential for massive loopholing with this being in the roles

Status
Not open for further replies.