Rejected Make death stations able to be activated by people with full HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy

idk I just work here
VIP
Legacy
It led to some real gamer moments when people would drop death stations and run off. They're not often activated on AHG when a lot of people are still alive because they require missing HP to be used. I'd like it if hitting E made it explode regardless of HP.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I’m just some old loser, however I think it’s a good thing they don’t blow up because it could trick people with low health into thinking the death station is real, obviously people with lots of knowledge will know that’s not how it works but the average Jonathon might not

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
I’m just some old loser, however I think it’s a good thing they don’t blow up because it could trick people with low health into thinking the death station is real, obviously people with lots of knowledge will know that’s not how it works but the average Jonathon might not
Normally I would agree with you-- it's being able to logic your way into figuring out who the traitors are. In this instance, however, I think roy's suggestion would lend to more casual gameplay as it would make things less confusing and more accessible to a wider range of players.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
1. Wouldn't that allow people to team and help traitors? (I DEFINITELY wouldn't use an obvious ds to kill as many people around me as possible)
2. Who the fuck goes around and tries to heal while at full health.... (really curious who's that big of a potato)
3. You could easily manipulate this to kill others as innocent or detective...and live... (it would be a bit of a hassle to do tho)
4..... there is no 4... (at least for the moment)

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
1. Wouldn't that allow people to team and help traitors? (I DEFINITELY wouldn't use an obvious ds to kill as many people around me as possible)
2. Who the fuck goes around and tries to heal while at full health.... (really curious who's that big of a potato)
3. You could easily manipulate this to kill others as innocent or detective...and live... (it would be a bit of a hassle to do tho)
4..... there is no 4... (at least for the moment)
1. Not sure what you mean by this. Could you expand on this?
2. Maybe I found a traitor healing with a death station and I wanna use it to blow us both up. Or what if I'm testing it so others can know if it's a death station or not.
3. Also not sure what you mean by this.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
1. you see a group of people around a ds and you know it's a ds for ..."reasons"... so you blow it up just to kill them and help the t's get some free ez kills
2..................even if you trying to get rid of ds for others... point 3.
3. there is a way to use ds without dying..

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
1. you see a group of people around a ds and you know it's a ds for ..."reasons"... so you blow it up just to kill them and help the t's get some free ez kills
2..................even if you trying to get rid of ds for others... point 3.
3. there is a way to use ds without dying..
If someone is being an asshole or is metagaming, tell a staff member. And do you mean that there's a glitch that allows you to use the ds without triggering it? Or just some way to run away/hide

Last edited:

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
-1, there's literally no reason for an inno at full HP to use a death station. When this was a thing on SGM I think more people died to someone else "testing" death stations on full HP than to actually falling for one.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
I'm not 100% on this but does the logs even tell you who triggered the ds?

so you could trigger it and no one would even know who did it if that's the case and even if it does... people can just say.. "I thought it was a normal hs" and you can't really do anything against that...

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
-1, there's literally no reason for an inno at full HP to use a death station. When this was a thing on SGM I think more people died to someone else "testing" death stations on full HP than to actually falling for one.
Also if anyone is recklessly testing a Health Station at full HP, it becomes rather toxic. Not to mention that a full HP player is the only good counter to a deathstation on an UNID.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Rejecting this, too many added opportunities for toxic gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.