Implemented Make it so slain people can't possess props

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
+1
If you’re slain you definitely shouldn’t be able to RDM more. Plus i’m pretty sure we already stop them from joining DM

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
Plus i’m pretty sure we already stop them from joining DM

That is correct.

Also, +1 to this suggestion. The purpose of a slay is to serve as a "time out" for offenses committed.

Allowing slain people to possess props not only allows them to influence the round while slain, but also removes the punishment of a slay as stated above, in addition to allowing them to continue prop-damaging more people while slain as aptly put by Ryan.

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Bump
Got damaged as t on community pool by a spectator.
The person who damaged me was slain.
They killed me the following round as a spectator, while slain.
Only one slay for RDMing me while slain for RDMing me the previous round.

Either they shouldn't have been able to kill me while slain, or they should have served more than one slay.

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Bump
A mid-way point to this would be to class retaliatory spectator RDM as revenge RDM(2 slays).
It is after all revenge on them because they were involved/somewhat responsible in their death that round.
But it maybe easier to just remove the ability to possess props while slain rather than add a new reason to slay people twice.

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
+1 slay is a punishment so restricting use of props is suitable, and especially since the slay maybe for or result in spectator RDM

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Noticed this was an issue on maps that let you control big props, an example being cars.

Happened recently when a player was repeatedly slayed for Prop RDM, yet still possessed props to kill 5+ randos. (@Nicco)

Idk why this wasn't implemented earlier, but seeing as how the community just sticks to prop killing for its main bit/meta, kinda see why

plus freaking one yo!

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
Would both remove a way for further rdm based on revenge and make slaying a tiny bit more of a punishment on certain maps, +1