Implemented Make the Newton Launcher "rocket-jumpable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

koanga

VIP
Legacy
The Newton Launcher is already a fairly niche Traitor weapon and is pretty useless on some maps (i.e. ttt_innocentmotel_v1). Since the weapon already pushes other players, I feel like a good buff to its utility would be to make shots with it be "rocket-jumpable", similar to the Dodgeballs during the Dodgeball fun round. This would make the weapon have both an offensive use on maps with verticality but also give it movement utility (which no other Traitor equipment has) on maps that don't. I feel that would make the Newton Launcher a more a desirable pick when compared to other Traitor shop equipment, especially on maps where it's normally less useful.

If changing a default weapon is too difficult or otherwise impossible this could also be added as new Traitor equipment.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
As long as you're not hopping across the map with it, why not? Maybe if it's just a big enough jump to get over some walls or on top of small buildings.

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
I'm thinking the way it ought to work is, regular shots for smaller jumps and a big charged shot for a high jump, however it could probably backfire and send you too high and you die by fall dmg, it's something that'll need to be tweaked and is a risk/reward factor

neomnisine

As long as you're not hopping across the map with it, why not? Maybe if it's just a big enough jump to get over some walls or on top of small buildings.

did you forget you can literally fly around the map with a large enough prop like Aladdin or what
if everyone can do this, traitors should have the privelege to hit sick rocket jumps with a traitorshop item

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Y'all ever throw a combobulator, magneto stick it above you and then jump when it explodes. This isn't a comment on the suggestion but i just wanted to bring it up since we talking rocket jumping
(couldn't find a clip of me doing that exact thing, but this has the same effect)

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
Y'all ever throw a combobulator, magneto stick it above you and then jump when it explodes. This isn't a comment on the suggestion but i just wanted to bring it up since we talking rocket jumping
(couldn't find a clip of me doing that exact thing, but this has the same effect)
yes, except that kills you, a newton launcher would be a more controlled propulsion

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
You can't control discomb/combob jumping, I've tried it but the timing is too precise to consistently discomb jump.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
So basically raze satchels? Hell yea +1

koanga

VIP
Legacy
I'm thinking the way it ought to work is, regular shots for smaller jumps and a big charged shot for a high jump, however it could probably backfire and send you too high and you die by fall dmg, it's something that'll need to be tweaked and is a risk/reward factor
Yeah, I like that idea. Having the charged shot increase the force of the jump would add a bit more skill to the mechanic. I was also thinking of this risk/reward in the same way -- TTT has a pretty low threshold for fall damage so Traitors would have to be careful to not damage themselves (or die) from fall damage. As it is with the Dodgeballs, which are a good benchmark for this, it's pretty easy to die from fall damage if you're not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.