Not open for further replies.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Not trying to formalize what exactly "serious" would mean just yet, but I wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone had opinions on the matter.

Edit: RyanHighman worded this quite well:
Same ruleset, stricter enforcement. We have all the rules we need, but the difference is that on modded it's become very relaxed.

Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
IDK man I think calling it "serious" would turn people off. Who wants to join a Serious server?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Are we talking about a different ruleset? Or are we talking about branding the vanilla server as “Serious”

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
you guys all just repeated my joke but okay whatever.

What exactly does making it "serious" actually entail? Stricter rules? Heavier punishments?

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
I would vote for stricter rules regarding metagaming, propfighting, propflying, ‘minigames’ like c4 roulette on this server, and maybe we should implement some sort of ranking system and make this “competitive TTT”.
Ghosting ultimately should result in a much heavier ban only on the serious server too imo.

I feel like I know a couple players that would love to mod this server.

Nuclear Onion

Supporter
Legacy
Just some rough thoughts to put into writing.

- Take off the boosted punch-o-meter for VIPs.
- Put an emphasis on maps with less props by default (Westwood for example)
- Staff/regulars need to stop the meta gaming. Harder punishment for it and in general causing chains.
- Any map that has distractions from the actual gamemode, like Orange's color game, be either removed or edited so they can't be played.
- Leaderboard for round MVP, least RDMs (to really counter chains and careless kills), DNA Scans, etc.

Personally I'm whatever about it, but if it is what people want then I'm up for it.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Tbh keep it vanilla, but yea a stricter ruleset.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Tbh keep it vanilla, but yea a stricter ruleset.
Same ruleset, stricter enforcement. We have all the rules we need, but the difference is that on modded it's become very relaxed.

Nitro_Hunter

Banned
VIP
Legacy
The Divide

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
Good idea but I don’t think staff would want to staff this server nearly as much as the other one and staff is half the player base at this point and do half the repops. I feel like the server would be just as dead as vanilla

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Good idea but I don’t think staff would want to staff this server nearly as much as the other one and staff is half the player base at this point and do half the repops. I feel like the server would be just as dead as vanilla
A new ruleset would mean harder training and less staff wanting to learn new rules. And is vanilla gonna get even more dead? I think it’s worth a shot

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Thats what i was trying to say lol. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.