Implemented Map Voting Quality of Life Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegalomaniac

VIP
Supporter
Yooo so like whenever people are like "vote this map" they have to say something like "it's top right" or whatever cuz it's so hard to find maps that people are voting for. I know that with the new map update it'll be a little more easy to navigate BUT i think a cute little tweak would be to give maps that are being voted on some sort of highlight or border to indicate that people are indeed voting on them as opposed to just the mini, illegible steam avatars on the bottom of the map icon. even just making the avatars more legible/brighter/idk/whatever would probably help. if a similar thing is already being implemented in the new update feel free to ignore me but i think itd just be good :)

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
Honestly, put a border/color coding marker around each space that doesn’t change position. A lot easier to tell people “vote green for innomotel” than “the latitude and longitude for the map you should vote are…

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Cut the maps down from like 30 or whatever it is to like 12... Way too many maps for people to read through in the limited time, probably why stupid shit like Hotline Miami, Aircraft, Bowling get picked 20 times a day. Especially hard to find the map I want when the icons don't load. No reason to have so many choices at once, punishes those actually looking for a fun map instead of autopilot voting the same shit

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Yooo so like whenever people are like "vote this map" they have to say something like "it's top right" or whatever cuz it's so hard to find maps that people are voting for. I know that with the new map update it'll be a little more easy to navigate BUT i think a cute little tweak would be to give maps that are being voted on some sort of highlight or border to indicate that people are indeed voting on them as opposed to just the mini, illegible steam avatars on the bottom of the map icon. even just making the avatars more legible/brighter/idk/whatever would probably help. if a similar thing is already being implemented in the new update feel free to ignore me but i think itd just be good :)
Yeah the problem is that each player has their map list completely different from the next player. The new update addresses this so everyone has the same list in order

omegalomaniac

VIP
Supporter
Yeah the problem is that each player has their map list completely different from the next player. The new update addresses this so everyone has the same list in order
well that isn't really what i'm getting at, like yeah that is a problem but even if the map list is the same for every player it still might be hard to parse which maps are which, who's voting for what, etc. i think just a better and clearer UI in general would benefit like, all aspects of the problem. even with the new update (which i was SO happy to see) i think the UI could do with a visual update as well down the line. maybe color coding like park mentioned or some other solution. does that make sense?

and thank u dime for everything u do ur the bomb <3

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
24/7 minecraft b5

problem solved

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
My dyslexic ass just clicks a cool picture because I'm not squinting to make out map names, %s, or steam avatars lol +1

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Implemented, now has a battleship/chess style coordinate system.

Status
Not open for further replies.