Music Mondays Revival

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
Back on SGM we had this cool little thing called Music Mondays, where every Monday you could share an album you were listening to as of late and leave some thoughts on it. Considering it is very late on Monday night and I have been meaning to revive this for weeks, I think it’s long overdue to create the thread again. Simply drop an album, song, or artist you’ve been listening to. It can be a new discovery, an all time favorite, or anything else you’ve been really digging. I’ll start by sharing three of my top albums the last month.

Toxicity-System of a Down

It had been a while since I’ve had a relisten to to this project and a couple this month has solidified my stance of this being a great album. It has every you would want in Nu Metal, it’s got the intense guitars and drumming, the occasional slow bridge or verse, and political messages that are delivered in such an entertaining way. Chop Suey! still deserves all the love it gets as being an all time great, the hooks in the album are generally fantastic, ATWA has become a favorite of mine as well, along with Deer Dance. Overall this album is an all time classic that even those who don’t venture into Metal too often should enjoy.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars- David Bowie.

I finally started to verge a bit into the legendary career of David Bowie, with one of his fan favorites. Such a great concept presented perfectly, Five Years serves as a perfect opener, Moonage Daydream and Starman are both pretty much perfect, and although I like the first half more of this album, they’re is never truly a dull moment in an all around fantastic project.

The New Abnormal- The Strokes

One of only two Strokes albums I’ve listened to, Abnormal feels like a nostalgic trip backwards to the bands roots, looking back at all they’ve down, and all the things they have experienced. It is a return to form, and it comes quite refreshing in the current landscape where mainstream rock peaked in the Public’s eye with AM by the Arctic Monkeys. Amazing from front to end, it’s full of great hooks and Julian’s vocals hit new highs. It feels like an incredibly personal project. Opening with The Adults are Talking and Selfless, and ending with the beautiful and downright perfect Ode to the Mets, The New Abnormal is a tribute to an era that will never truly exist ever again, and it deserves all the praise it has received.

Since it’s pretty much midnight for EST folks go ahead and post on Tuesday this week if you wish to, and hopefully we can get this thread going. Thank you!

metallia appericator

Supporter
King Crimson is the best kpop band of all time

metallia appericator

Supporter
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars- David Bowie.

I finally started to verge a bit into the legendary career of David Bowie, with one of his fan favorites. Such a great concept presented perfectly, Five Years serves as a perfect opener, Moonage Daydream and Starman are both pretty much perfect, and although I like the first half more of this album, they’re is never truly a dull moment in an all around fantastic project.
so true bestie

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
Ayyyy, Ziggy, fuck yeah!

As of this week, I've been digging through Daft Punk's albums, so far done with Homework, Discovery and Human After All. Still got to do RAM and Alive 2007, but I think Discovery is gonna remain my favorite. Used to watch Instella 5555 all the time as a kid, so the songs stuck well with me.

Alongside that, I finally decided to revisit Yeezus, due to Homework helping me get used to all the loud aggressive sounds that both of those albums share. A lot of songs from Yeezus are a lot more easier to take in now, without feeling overwhelmed by everything going on.

interloper

VIP
it's monday somewhere ..

by far the best carti album in my opinion
something you can listen to and just be a baller
my favorite tracks are..

rip
lean 4 real
shoota
right now
poke it out
home kod
fell in luv
mileage
rip fredo

large chunk of the album...

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
Hey guys I don’t really have time to go in depth so I’ll edit more detail but my album for today is the recently release Ants from Up There by Black Country New Road. This album feels like a magnum opus and features a more chamber pop type sound making it both beautiful and anxious. It’s an instant classic and I recommend it to everyone. See you next week!

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy

Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

100 Western Themes

nuff said

(it's a playlist)

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy

TheFatRat - PARALLAX​

been listening to this album for a month now lol

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Actually no. I take the Western themes back. This one's for @danstorm

Fucking incredible album by an incredible band that I wouldn't know about without Dan showing it to me

metallia appericator

Supporter

Kythol

mama's moppings this pizza's got toppings
Prestigious
Legacy
not Monday, but I've been getting back into Hot Mulligan again

really good band with some funny song names :)

they're also incredibly good live

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
This week I revisited Selected Ambient Works 85-92 from Aphex Twin. A great collection of electronic music that is enjoyable and easy to listen to while still having great layers and tracks. Would definitely recommend

metallia appericator

Supporter
alan parsons

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
Yesterday I listened to almost the entire Fleet Foxes discography because idk, but otherwise the new listen I got to this week was Once Twice Melody by Dream Pop duo Beach House. It’s a long album, split into 4 tracks, but it’s a breath of fresh air for the duo with more experimental tracks (in terms of Dream Pop) and all in all a great return to force. Hoping to review Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You next week. See you then!

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
There's three albums I've listened to a lot this week, a bit of a theme because of his doc