Rejected No more propkilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
woke media makes people who kill propkillers out to be assholes for ruining the fun. this has got to stop!!

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i think the worst part about propkilling is that it’s hard to retain new players. they leave when they get propkilled.

for new and old players who don’t participate in it, they aren’t enjoying their time when they get killed 30 seconds in with 0 chance to defend themselves from a flying prop.

we have implemented some stuff to try and lower the amount of propkilling.

maybe we need a middle ground? 1.5x karma loss for propkill? idk

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I used to be an avid prop killer hater, and now I partake in the killing of props because if you can’t beat them join them. However Pauly is definitely right along with optimal it’s extremely annoying to get your round ended 30 seconds in because of getting killed my something you can’t control, I’ve seen a lot of people RQ because there T round got ended short because of a manic with a barrel. I enjoy playing TTT because of the interactions I get with people, it’s hard to enjoy it when you’re killed at the start of the round by a prop.

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
i think the worst part about propkilling is that it’s hard to retain new players. they leave when they get propkilled.

for new and old players who don’t participate in it, they aren’t enjoying their time when they get killed 30 seconds in with 0 chance to defend themselves from a flying prop.

we have implemented some stuff to try and lower the amount of propkilling.

maybe we need a middle ground? 1.5x karma loss for propkill? idk
Prop killer here, cant lie, dont think thats a good enough deterrent, most prop killers are also good karma manipulators, i rtv sometimes just cus a friend is low karma. I also would like to remind everyone, you can kill prop killers if they throw at people, be then change you want to see in this world

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Prop killer here, cant lie, dont think thats a good enough deterrent, most prop killers are also good karma manipulators, i rtv sometimes just cus a friend is low karma. I also would like to remind everyone, you can kill prop killers if they throw at people, be then change you want to see in this world
Good point but a lot of time it’s an inno throwing the prop and now you’ve just lost karma and then have the entire server shooting you down while you beg in voice chat for your life

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
Good point but a lot of time it’s an inno throwing the prop and now you’ve just lost karma and then have the entire server shooting you down while you beg in voice chat for your life
I see your point, but ive also looked at someone wrong and that started an rdm chain, prop killing also is an a valid strategy, as both inno and T. I honestly really do think the best strategy is just raising awareness u can press left click on prop throwers heads

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Tired of these half measures we need to remove prop killing if you want to save the server!

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
You can still have fun without prop killing, you can’t have fun if you’ve been either prop killed or you’ve been slain.

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
You could just report them. They might stop trying if there is a slay attached every time they try to prop kill you.

But, nothing really solves new players leaving after being prop killed.
There is no solution, but to try to dissuade people from throwing props any which way they feel, at whomever they want to.

I doubt very much that prop killing will be removed or nerfed as a result of this thread.
And I don't think any rule will be added either.

Personally, I don't think removing prop killing is a good idea, it is fun if everyone involved consents in some way.
I use the system that is in place, and it works to stop people from prop RDMing me.
Maybe you should report people if your enjoyment of the game is being ruined by them wrongly, or voice this to whoever is prop killing you.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Getting people slayed is not fun at all I don’t like the idea of someone getting slayed for doing something they think is okay, it ruins the enjoyment of the other player as well and I don’t think doing reports on someone every round for prop damage is gonna help with keeping new players as well, if I shoot someone for prop damaging me it usually ends up with me killing them and having 3 other innocents killing me. I’m thinking in terms of how to get the most fun from the server and I’m pretty sure most people don’t think it’s fun to get prop killed

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
Getting people slayed is not fun at all I don’t like the idea of someone getting slayed for doing something they think is okay, it ruins the enjoyment of the other player as well and I don’t think doing reports on someone every round for prop damage is gonna help with keeping new players as well, if I shoot someone for prop damaging me it usually ends up with me killing them and having 3 other innocents killing me. I’m thinking in terms of how to get the most fun from the server and I’m pretty sure most people don’t think it’s fun to get prop killed
2 days ago a new player asked what we were doing, we explained, we spent time teaching new players to prop kill and they had it down quick. i retract all my middleground comments, pauly just needs to get better

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
2 days ago a new player asked what we were doing, we explained, we spent time teaching new players to prop kill and they had it down quick. i retract all my middleground comments, pauly just needs to get better
Usually happens anytime I say that I don’t want to be prop killed in game, people just make fun of me

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
Usually happens anytime I say that I don’t want to be prop killed in game, people just make fun of me
You get on the server and instant start shit talking over people and derail convo, please cry more abt others fun, it took a second to remember who you were lol

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Don’t remember you I just don’t like prop killing and think it’s bad for the server

Prozakk

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
You can forgive reports, 'or' you could pm them personally. Tell them you don't find it cool, and you want them to stop.
Sure, it maybe an inconvenience to you, but at least they can still prop kill each other and everyone is happy.
You don't have to get anyone slain, and you are prop killed far less.

Ajaycent

Prestigious
VIP
This is how I handle getting propkilled by people I literally don't know, kill them or say I'm not getting involved while walking and giving them the Luigi Death Stare.
if they keep coming kill them and say self defense

As long as you admit you killed them for self defense because they swung at you wont get you slain.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.