Rejected !nominate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I don't follow at all. Can you describe this more?
So as it stands now, (I don’t know the number so replace this with the actual number) there’s 9 maps that are randomly shown on the RTV screen to be voted on. With the nominate command, you can select what map you WANT to be on that rtv screen.

EDIT: There are 9 maps on the RTV Screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Acnologia

:再
VIP
Legacy
So as it stands now, (I don’t know the number so replace this with the actual number) there’s 16 maps that are randomly shown on the RTV screen to be voted on. With the nominate command, you can select what map you WANT to be on that rtv screen.
I think this would work as long as it recognizes the most popular maps like motel, 67th, etc and doesn't make them get spammed.

dogewant2be

Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
So as it stands now, (I don’t know the number so replace this with the actual number) there’s 16 maps that are randomly shown on the RTV screen to be voted on. With the nominate command, you can select what map you WANT to be on that rtv screen.
yeah that sums it up

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I think this would work as long as it recognizes the most popular maps like motel, 67th, etc and doesn't make them get spammed.
There should be a 3 map lock for maps that have been nominated. If they implement the lock, itll work just fine.

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
24/7 Black Mesa East @waffle

I'm assuming if this would be implemented then there would be a restriction for the same map getting nominated for every rtv. But it's a pretty nifty idea so +1

STONEY

Legacy
I'm confused with this. So will it add every nominated map to the vote list? Since there's only 9 to choose from, then after 12 different nominations 3 won't count? Or will it only count which maps had multiple nominations as the priority, while still including the lesser 8 nominations?

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I'm not so sure about this system. The goal of the MapVote is to have as many maps as possible on the server but only randomly choose 9 maps from our large list. This is to allow a large variety of maps to be played without bias towards certain popular maps. Maps are popular for a reason, but sometimes it's better to try new maps. By putting this nomination system in I feel we're throwing out this idea entirely and back to square one where SGM has been (I.E. it lists 90% of maps from its entire map list and people will choose overplayed map)

BTW once a map is voted for and wins, it can't be added back to the random list of 9 maps to be picked until 3 full map rotations.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I'm not so sure about this system. The goal of the MapVote is to have as many maps as possible on the server but only randomly choose 9 maps from our large list. This is to allow a large variety of maps to be played without bias towards certain popular maps. Maps are popular for a reason, but sometimes it's better to try new maps. By putting this nomination system in I feel we're throwing out this idea entirely and back to square one where SGM has been (I.E. it lists 90% of maps from its entire map list and people will choose overplayed map)

BTW once a map is voted for and wins, it can't be added back to the random list of 9 maps to be picked until 3 full map rotations.
With the rise of AHG, youll be getting a lot of new players. New players means a diverse map selection. Even for those that are veterans at the game still have favorite maps outside of the 4 overplayed ones.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
I'm confused with this. So will it add every nominated map to the vote list? Since there's only 9 to choose from, then after 12 different nominations 3 won't count? Or will it only count which maps had multiple nominations as the priority, while still including the lesser 8 nominations?
Your first question is probably what will happen. This command currently doesnt work for AHG with how small the vote pool is, but i dont see it being a problem for anyone as *most* will still pick the overplayed maps to be nominated regardless.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Rejected, this would just lead to the most popular maps being !nominated (and thus chosen) more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.