Pending Pointshop Betting System [GAMBLING!]

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy

I think this add-on would be a great addition to the gambling portion of the pointshop.

This server has only one way of gambling, and it only happens every 24 hours. The Lottery.

Adding another one that happens more often, maybe once every map would be way better than gambling every 24 hours.

I also need to fuel my gambling addiction

Last edited:

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Its gamblin’ time

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
I remember shooting craps outside the gas station I was working at, best time of my life, I’m tellin ya add some gambling you won’t regret it

Lunar

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Been learning to code for the past 5 years! I've written this example of code as a starting point of what could be coded in case an AHG version of the plugin is made!

1670662262673.png

This is how it works... First, We make a function to handle bets using in-game commands, an example being ("!bet [points] [team]")

Next, we check to see if the player that's trying to bet actually has enough points to bet on the amount that they're trying to spend. If that goes through, then we start handling the bet points. If the player does a typo, the bet won't go through and they'd be warned in-game about how the team that they were trying to bet on doesn't exist.

Once all of that is checked out, the code finally deducts the number of points that the player bet, and you're told a message on whose team you're betting on.

Now Lunar, this is just a command, what about the UI portion of the code? Well, I've got you covered!

1670662702081.png

I haven't gotten around to actually implementing the system into the UI just yet, but I'll get to it eventually!!!

This post should really be implemented, I've been gambling for 10 years at this point! Gambling in TTT is one of the most interesting things that happen.

Even when I think I'm gonna lose, I always win money! It's not that I'm lucky or that I have something that the house doesn't have... It's just that I have a big heart, and I always wanna put my money into the guy who really needs it, that's why when the game is over, I give all of my money to the people in need.

God bless you all!

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
@Lunar you should ‘t’ and ‘i’ as options for the teams when typing the command.

Lunar

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Whats the max # of votes to get this implemented, just wondering

Also lottery sucks btw if I haven't said that already, terrible way of gambling because the person that wins has an entire monopoly on the lottery!

But you see this doesn't.... it's very different...

Accept gambling!

Texas Red

Banned
true

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

Lunar

Banned
VIP
Legacy
if this gets accepted! this will be one of the three things that'll make me return! to this! community!